Bruno Mars Goes Vintage in 'Treasure' Music Video
Fans have seen him performing his single "Treasure" live in the past, in the popular late-night talk show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" back in January and more recently in the 2013 Billboard Music Awards last month. Now Bruno Mars comes out with the official music video for the hit track from his album "Unorthodox Jukebox".
Dressed in identical red suits with leopard-print shirts, Mars and his band travel back in time to the '70s as they perform the funky, disco-dance tune. Mars lets his band handle the instruments while he concentrates on the microphone as they all groove to choreography reminiscent of the dance moves popularized by the late Michael Jackson early in his career back in the '70s, complete with disco ball propped up above the set filled with stage lights for full effect.
As they make it to the second verse, the clip goes full blast on its homage to Jackson's "Off the Wall" days by way of the dissolving visuals of Mars and the Hooligans and a lady in a matching red retro outfit, with a "Star Wars"-like backdrop filled with colorful geometric shapes behind them. The video ends with Mars & Co. bopping and jamming to the groovy track in their crude disco ball stage.
Mars may yet perform "Treasure" live again when he appears in the season 4 finale of "The Voice" on Tuesday, June 18. For sure it will be included in his "Moonshine Jungle World Tour", which kicks off on June 22 in Washington D.C.
Bruno Mars' "Treasure" music video
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March