Scott Foley Promoted to Series Regular in 'Scandal' Season 3
Scott Foley will return in permanent basis in "Scandal" season 3. The actor, who first appeared as Jake Ballard towards the end of the show's season 2, has been promoted to a full-fledged series regular ahead of the upcoming third season.
"I'm thrilled to join such a talented, enthusiastic and professional group of people," Foley says in a statement. "Shonda [Rhimes] and company have created a troupe of layered complex characters and to be able to be part of that is both exciting and humbling."
Foley, who was earlier cast as a recurring, said at the time "there's the possibility of permanence." His character, who is a spy working for the mysterious B613 organization run by Olivia's father, was thrown into the underground cell where Huck spent many days until the CIA broke him in the end of season 2.
His promotion on "Scandal" comes as his low-rated show "The Goodwin Games" won't likely be picked up for a second season by FOX.
More Scandal News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart