Scott Foley Promoted to Series Regular in 'Scandal' Season 3
Scott Foley will return in permanent basis in "Scandal" season 3. The actor, who first appeared as Jake Ballard towards the end of the show's season 2, has been promoted to a full-fledged series regular ahead of the upcoming third season.
"I'm thrilled to join such a talented, enthusiastic and professional group of people," Foley says in a statement. "Shonda [Rhimes] and company have created a troupe of layered complex characters and to be able to be part of that is both exciting and humbling."
Foley, who was earlier cast as a recurring, said at the time "there's the possibility of permanence." His character, who is a spy working for the mysterious B613 organization run by Olivia's father, was thrown into the underground cell where Huck spent many days until the CIA broke him in the end of season 2.
His promotion on "Scandal" comes as his low-rated show "The Goodwin Games" won't likely be picked up for a second season by FOX.
More Scandal News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?