John C. Reilly Is Officially Rhomann Dey of 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
John C. Reilly is finally confirmed to be added to the cast of "Guardians of the Galaxy". In the James Gunn-directed flick, the 48-year-old actor and comedian, who earned an Academy nomination for his supporting role in Richard Gere's musical "Chicago", is tapped to take on the role as Rhomann Dey.
Late last month, Reilly had been approached for a role that, at that time, was rumored to be Rhomann Dey. HitFix, which broke the news first, learned that the character was more of a human agent "who serves as a go-between, keeping the Guardians in line and reporting to SHIELD about their activities."
Though the latest casting news confirms Reilly's role, it's not clear whether Dey will be portrayed as a human liaison or a former leader of Nova Corps like in comics.
In the Marvel movie, Reilly will act opposite Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Glenn Close, Lee Pace, Benicio Del Toro and Karen Gillan, which reportedly will villainize the film with her portrayal of Angela, the flame-haired, sword-wielding, bounty hunter.
Voice actors for CGI heroes Groot and Rocket Raccoon are still not announced yet. "Guardians of the Galaxy" is set for an August 1, 2014 wide release.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie