John C. Reilly Is Officially Rhomann Dey of 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
John C. Reilly is finally confirmed to be added to the cast of "Guardians of the Galaxy". In the James Gunn-directed flick, the 48-year-old actor and comedian, who earned an Academy nomination for his supporting role in Richard Gere's musical "Chicago", is tapped to take on the role as Rhomann Dey.
Late last month, Reilly had been approached for a role that, at that time, was rumored to be Rhomann Dey. HitFix, which broke the news first, learned that the character was more of a human agent "who serves as a go-between, keeping the Guardians in line and reporting to SHIELD about their activities."
Though the latest casting news confirms Reilly's role, it's not clear whether Dey will be portrayed as a human liaison or a former leader of Nova Corps like in comics.
In the Marvel movie, Reilly will act opposite Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Glenn Close, Lee Pace, Benicio Del Toro and Karen Gillan, which reportedly will villainize the film with her portrayal of Angela, the flame-haired, sword-wielding, bounty hunter.
Voice actors for CGI heroes Groot and Rocket Raccoon are still not announced yet. "Guardians of the Galaxy" is set for an August 1, 2014 wide release.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details