John C. Reilly Is Officially Rhomann Dey of 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
John C. Reilly is finally confirmed to be added to the cast of "Guardians of the Galaxy". In the James Gunn-directed flick, the 48-year-old actor and comedian, who earned an Academy nomination for his supporting role in Richard Gere's musical "Chicago", is tapped to take on the role as Rhomann Dey.
Late last month, Reilly had been approached for a role that, at that time, was rumored to be Rhomann Dey. HitFix, which broke the news first, learned that the character was more of a human agent "who serves as a go-between, keeping the Guardians in line and reporting to SHIELD about their activities."
Though the latest casting news confirms Reilly's role, it's not clear whether Dey will be portrayed as a human liaison or a former leader of Nova Corps like in comics.
In the Marvel movie, Reilly will act opposite Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Glenn Close, Lee Pace, Benicio Del Toro and Karen Gillan, which reportedly will villainize the film with her portrayal of Angela, the flame-haired, sword-wielding, bounty hunter.
Voice actors for CGI heroes Groot and Rocket Raccoon are still not announced yet. "Guardians of the Galaxy" is set for an August 1, 2014 wide release.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked