John C. Reilly Is Officially Rhomann Dey of 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
John C. Reilly is finally confirmed to be added to the cast of "Guardians of the Galaxy". In the James Gunn-directed flick, the 48-year-old actor and comedian, who earned an Academy nomination for his supporting role in Richard Gere's musical "Chicago", is tapped to take on the role as Rhomann Dey.
Late last month, Reilly had been approached for a role that, at that time, was rumored to be Rhomann Dey. HitFix, which broke the news first, learned that the character was more of a human agent "who serves as a go-between, keeping the Guardians in line and reporting to SHIELD about their activities."
Though the latest casting news confirms Reilly's role, it's not clear whether Dey will be portrayed as a human liaison or a former leader of Nova Corps like in comics.
In the Marvel movie, Reilly will act opposite Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Glenn Close, Lee Pace, Benicio Del Toro and Karen Gillan, which reportedly will villainize the film with her portrayal of Angela, the flame-haired, sword-wielding, bounty hunter.
Voice actors for CGI heroes Groot and Rocket Raccoon are still not announced yet. "Guardians of the Galaxy" is set for an August 1, 2014 wide release.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier