Wes Bentley Cast in Ryan Murphy's Provocative Drama Pilot 'Open'
Ryan Murphy has cast the first actor for his HBO drama pilot, "Open". Wes Bentley, who is best known for his portrayal of Ricky Fitts in 1999's "American Beauty", has been tapped to take a starring role in the project, which is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships.
The 34-year-old actor, who appeared as Seneca Crane in "The Hunger Games", will play the handsome but arrogant Evan Foster. He is a bit of a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality.
The HBO pilot marks Bentley's second television gig. He previously starred in another HBO pilot, "Tilda", opposite Diane Keaton, but it was not picked up to series.
"Open" is penned by Murphy and "Dexter" co-executive producer Lauren Gussis, who will also serve as executive producers. It revolves around five characters, including a thirtysomething married couple, the husband's male co-worker and a fortysomething female yoga professional.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3