Wes Bentley Cast in Ryan Murphy's Provocative Drama Pilot 'Open'
Ryan Murphy has cast the first actor for his HBO drama pilot, "Open". Wes Bentley, who is best known for his portrayal of Ricky Fitts in 1999's "American Beauty", has been tapped to take a starring role in the project, which is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships.
The 34-year-old actor, who appeared as Seneca Crane in "The Hunger Games", will play the handsome but arrogant Evan Foster. He is a bit of a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality.
The HBO pilot marks Bentley's second television gig. He previously starred in another HBO pilot, "Tilda", opposite Diane Keaton, but it was not picked up to series.
"Open" is penned by Murphy and "Dexter" co-executive producer Lauren Gussis, who will also serve as executive producers. It revolves around five characters, including a thirtysomething married couple, the husband's male co-worker and a fortysomething female yoga professional.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal