Wes Bentley Cast in Ryan Murphy's Provocative Drama Pilot 'Open'
Ryan Murphy has cast the first actor for his HBO drama pilot, "Open". Wes Bentley, who is best known for his portrayal of Ricky Fitts in 1999's "American Beauty", has been tapped to take a starring role in the project, which is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships.
The 34-year-old actor, who appeared as Seneca Crane in "The Hunger Games", will play the handsome but arrogant Evan Foster. He is a bit of a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality.
The HBO pilot marks Bentley's second television gig. He previously starred in another HBO pilot, "Tilda", opposite Diane Keaton, but it was not picked up to series.
"Open" is penned by Murphy and "Dexter" co-executive producer Lauren Gussis, who will also serve as executive producers. It revolves around five characters, including a thirtysomething married couple, the husband's male co-worker and a fortysomething female yoga professional.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo