Wes Bentley Cast in Ryan Murphy's Provocative Drama Pilot 'Open'
Ryan Murphy has cast the first actor for his HBO drama pilot, "Open". Wes Bentley, who is best known for his portrayal of Ricky Fitts in 1999's "American Beauty", has been tapped to take a starring role in the project, which is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships.
The 34-year-old actor, who appeared as Seneca Crane in "The Hunger Games", will play the handsome but arrogant Evan Foster. He is a bit of a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality.
The HBO pilot marks Bentley's second television gig. He previously starred in another HBO pilot, "Tilda", opposite Diane Keaton, but it was not picked up to series.
"Open" is penned by Murphy and "Dexter" co-executive producer Lauren Gussis, who will also serve as executive producers. It revolves around five characters, including a thirtysomething married couple, the husband's male co-worker and a fortysomething female yoga professional.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!