Wes Bentley Cast in Ryan Murphy's Provocative Drama Pilot 'Open'
Ryan Murphy has cast the first actor for his HBO drama pilot, "Open". Wes Bentley, who is best known for his portrayal of Ricky Fitts in 1999's "American Beauty", has been tapped to take a starring role in the project, which is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships.
The 34-year-old actor, who appeared as Seneca Crane in "The Hunger Games", will play the handsome but arrogant Evan Foster. He is a bit of a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality.
The HBO pilot marks Bentley's second television gig. He previously starred in another HBO pilot, "Tilda", opposite Diane Keaton, but it was not picked up to series.
"Open" is penned by Murphy and "Dexter" co-executive producer Lauren Gussis, who will also serve as executive producers. It revolves around five characters, including a thirtysomething married couple, the husband's male co-worker and a fortysomething female yoga professional.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones