Video: Katy Perry Plays Superhero in Popchips Ad
Katy Perry appears in a Popchips commercial video alongside several cats in wig to promote the low-calorie snack. The Popchips funny video, which is called Katy and the popcats, shows Katy and her cat friends work hand-in-hand to defeat their enemy, Fat Cat, that wants to feed people with unhealthy snack.
In the commercial video, the Grammy nominee wears a tight purple latex bodysuit with low-cut neck and a pair of black boots. Her black hair is styled loose. "We got nine lives, going up against fries, we're Katy and the popcats rolling in our ride. Ain't afraid of bad guys because we've got nine lives, miaow," the singer raps in the adventure-themed commercial.
Each of Katy's cat sidekicks is assigned to a particular role, such as Lulu "The Wheels" that plays designated driver, Widget "The Brains" that is expert in technology and Boodles "The Muscle". They navigate around the city in a colorful van which sides are decorated with monitors to observe the city. When Fat Cat's evil intention is detected, Katy and the cats with colorful wigs are coming to the location to stop Fat Cat from hurting human.
Soon, they are involved in a cat fight against the evil animal in his Fat Cat Fatty Snacks factory. The cats get distracted with colorful laser, but Katy turns it off. On the other hand, she gets interested in colorful wigs that hang from the roof, before being slapped by one of her sidekicks.
Katy and friends gain victory as they successfully blow up Fat Cat's building and the unhealthy snacks in the storage. However, the bad guy survives the explosion, suggesting that a sequel of Katy and the popcats' adventure is probably on the way. Katy promoted the new video in a Twitter post, writing on June 11, "Cats. Wigs. @popchips. Meow."
More Katy Perry News
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'