Jennifer Carpenter's Camp Denies She's a Homewrecker
Following the backlash that came Jennifer Carpenter's way when news broke out that she had been dating married guitarist Seth Avett, a friend of the actress comes to her immediate defense. The source spoke up to emphasize that the "Dexter" actress started her romantic relationship with The Avett Brothers member only recently, making the "homewrecker" rumors unfounded.
"Jennifer met Seth about four years ago at a concert. She loves music and has always been a big supporter of the band. The relationship developed over the past few months," Carpenter's friend clarified. Earlier reports stated that Avett began dating Carpenter back in 2011, when he was still very much married to his wife Susan, whom he wed back in 2008.
The source further insisted that the two lovers were not having an affair, saying, "[Seth and Jennifer] were friends for a long time, but the relationship did not start until he and his wife were separated." The insider also dismissed rumors that Avett formally ended his marriage only after he began seeing Carpenter, adding "there is no bad blood there," supposedly between the pair and his wife Susan.
Susan seems to support the recent pronouncements regarding his ex-husband and his new girl in a recent interview. "It saddens me to hear of such unfounded speculation surrounding the end of our marriage, which is in and of itself a difficult time for both of us," she said. Both she and Seth have asked for privacy as they deal with their separation.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival