Jennifer Carpenter's Camp Denies She's a Homewrecker
Following the backlash that came Jennifer Carpenter's way when news broke out that she had been dating married guitarist Seth Avett, a friend of the actress comes to her immediate defense. The source spoke up to emphasize that the "Dexter" actress started her romantic relationship with The Avett Brothers member only recently, making the "homewrecker" rumors unfounded.
"Jennifer met Seth about four years ago at a concert. She loves music and has always been a big supporter of the band. The relationship developed over the past few months," Carpenter's friend clarified. Earlier reports stated that Avett began dating Carpenter back in 2011, when he was still very much married to his wife Susan, whom he wed back in 2008.
The source further insisted that the two lovers were not having an affair, saying, "[Seth and Jennifer] were friends for a long time, but the relationship did not start until he and his wife were separated." The insider also dismissed rumors that Avett formally ended his marriage only after he began seeing Carpenter, adding "there is no bad blood there," supposedly between the pair and his wife Susan.
Susan seems to support the recent pronouncements regarding his ex-husband and his new girl in a recent interview. "It saddens me to hear of such unfounded speculation surrounding the end of our marriage, which is in and of itself a difficult time for both of us," she said. Both she and Seth have asked for privacy as they deal with their separation.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift