Video: Kanye West Records 'I Am a God' in a Studio With Rick Rubin
Kanye West posted a teaser to his "I Am a God" on Vine on Wednesday, June 12. Wearing a grey hoodie and facing a microphone, West is rapping a little part of his upcoming single in a studio, which is believed to be Shangri-La Studios in Malibu, California.
"I just talked to Jesus/ He said, 'What up, Yeezus?'/ I said, 'Sh**, I'm chillin'/ Tryin' to stack these millions/ I know he's the most high/ But I am a close high," West finishes his verse. The 30-second video also gives a look at producer Rick Rubin, who is seen giggling and giving feedback to West's brief performance.
"I Am a God" is a track taken from West's upcoming album, "Yeezus". West asked Rubin to help him with the album and the result didn't disappoint him. "I'm still just a kid learning about minimalism, and he's a master of it. It's just really such a blessing, to be able to work with him," West recently said of his collaboration with the famous producer.
"Yeezus" will be available on June 18. Earlier this week, the boyfriend of Kim Kardashian threw a listening party in New York, where he revealed that musicians like Daft Punk and Chief Keef would also appear in the highly-anticipated album. Together with Scott Disick, West recently filmed an "American Psycho"- themed video to promote the album.
More Kanye West News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound