'In a World...' Trailer: Lake Bell Pursues Career as Voiceover Star
Lake Bell's upcoming comedy "In a World..." which she produces, directs, writes and stars in has got a trailer. It teases the story that takes place in the world of movie trailers about an underachieving vocal coach who dreams big of narrating movie trailers like her famous father.
Bell will tackle the female lead Carol who clumsily trying to make her way in a field dominated by men. "Let's face it, the industry does not crave a female sound," says her father, a king of movie-trailer voice-overs, played by Fred Melamed. He adds, "I'm not being sexist, that's just the truth."
The tension between the father and daughter is previewed along with the romantic subplot in a number of scenes that are comedic promising. If that's not enough appeal, there is a cameo appearance by "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria as she's being coached by Carol as well.
A winner of Best Screenplay at Sundance Film Festival, the movie is supported by such comedic talents as Demetri Martin, Michaela Watkins, Ken Marino, Rob Corddry, Nick Offerman, Geena Davis and Jeff Garlin.
The full story of Carol setting out to change the voice of a generation amidst pride, sexism and family dysfunction will unfold this summer when the movie gets a limited release in the United States on August 9.
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'