'In a World...' Trailer: Lake Bell Pursues Career as Voiceover Star
Lake Bell's upcoming comedy "In a World..." which she produces, directs, writes and stars in has got a trailer. It teases the story that takes place in the world of movie trailers about an underachieving vocal coach who dreams big of narrating movie trailers like her famous father.
Bell will tackle the female lead Carol who clumsily trying to make her way in a field dominated by men. "Let's face it, the industry does not crave a female sound," says her father, a king of movie-trailer voice-overs, played by Fred Melamed. He adds, "I'm not being sexist, that's just the truth."
The tension between the father and daughter is previewed along with the romantic subplot in a number of scenes that are comedic promising. If that's not enough appeal, there is a cameo appearance by "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria as she's being coached by Carol as well.
A winner of Best Screenplay at Sundance Film Festival, the movie is supported by such comedic talents as Demetri Martin, Michaela Watkins, Ken Marino, Rob Corddry, Nick Offerman, Geena Davis and Jeff Garlin.
The full story of Carol setting out to change the voice of a generation amidst pride, sexism and family dysfunction will unfold this summer when the movie gets a limited release in the United States on August 9.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says