'In a World...' Trailer: Lake Bell Pursues Career as Voiceover Star
Lake Bell's upcoming comedy "In a World..." which she produces, directs, writes and stars in has got a trailer. It teases the story that takes place in the world of movie trailers about an underachieving vocal coach who dreams big of narrating movie trailers like her famous father.
Bell will tackle the female lead Carol who clumsily trying to make her way in a field dominated by men. "Let's face it, the industry does not crave a female sound," says her father, a king of movie-trailer voice-overs, played by Fred Melamed. He adds, "I'm not being sexist, that's just the truth."
The tension between the father and daughter is previewed along with the romantic subplot in a number of scenes that are comedic promising. If that's not enough appeal, there is a cameo appearance by "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria as she's being coached by Carol as well.
A winner of Best Screenplay at Sundance Film Festival, the movie is supported by such comedic talents as Demetri Martin, Michaela Watkins, Ken Marino, Rob Corddry, Nick Offerman, Geena Davis and Jeff Garlin.
The full story of Carol setting out to change the voice of a generation amidst pride, sexism and family dysfunction will unfold this summer when the movie gets a limited release in the United States on August 9.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video