'In a World...' Trailer: Lake Bell Pursues Career as Voiceover Star
Lake Bell's upcoming comedy "In a World..." which she produces, directs, writes and stars in has got a trailer. It teases the story that takes place in the world of movie trailers about an underachieving vocal coach who dreams big of narrating movie trailers like her famous father.
Bell will tackle the female lead Carol who clumsily trying to make her way in a field dominated by men. "Let's face it, the industry does not crave a female sound," says her father, a king of movie-trailer voice-overs, played by Fred Melamed. He adds, "I'm not being sexist, that's just the truth."
The tension between the father and daughter is previewed along with the romantic subplot in a number of scenes that are comedic promising. If that's not enough appeal, there is a cameo appearance by "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria as she's being coached by Carol as well.
A winner of Best Screenplay at Sundance Film Festival, the movie is supported by such comedic talents as Demetri Martin, Michaela Watkins, Ken Marino, Rob Corddry, Nick Offerman, Geena Davis and Jeff Garlin.
The full story of Carol setting out to change the voice of a generation amidst pride, sexism and family dysfunction will unfold this summer when the movie gets a limited release in the United States on August 9.
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'