Queens of the Stone Age Scores First No. 1 Album With '...Like Clockwork'
Queens of the Stone Age has earned their first No. 1 album at Billboard hot 200 on Wednesday, June 12. The Southern California rock band kicks two-week winner Daft Punk from the chart's top spot after their latest studio release, "...Like Clockwork", sells 91,000 copies in its first week, including 12,000 vinyl LPs, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
"...Like Clockwork" is Queens of the Stone Age's seventh album. The follow-up to 2007's "Era Vulgaris" is led by single "My God Is the Sun", which peaks at No. 17 at Alternative Songs chart. Boasting guest-appearances by Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl, Sir Elton John and Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears, "Like Clockwork" also marks the first No. 1 debut for indie label Matador Records.
Two-week winner Daft Punk slips from the top slot to No. 2 this week with 62,000. After three weeks at the chart, the cumulative sales of the duo's "Random Access Memories" are reaching nearly 500,000 mark. Debuting at No. 3 is Sleeping With Sirens, whose album "Feel" gives the band their best sales week with 59,000.
At No 4, Blake Shelton's "Based on a True Story..." has sold 36,000. Going up from No. 6 to No 5, Darius Rucker's "True Believers" sells 33,000. With 29,000 copies, Megadeth's "Super Collider" sits at No. 6. "Super Collider" is the band's highest-charting album since their 1994 release, "Youthanasia", which peaked at No. 4 with 143,000 copies sold in its first week.
Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions" rises from last week's No.8 to this week's No. 7 with 28,000. The band is followed by country duo Florida Georgia Line, whose "Here's to the Good Times" places eighth with 28,000.
Staying at No. 9 is Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience". The album, which is currently on its 12th consecutive week in the top 10, sells 27,000 this week. The last place in the top 10 belongs to newcomer Barenaked Ladies, whose "Grinning Streak" has sold 26,000.
- "...Like Clockwork" - Queens of the Stone Age (91,000)
- "Random Access Memories" - Daft Punk (62,000)
- "Feel" - Sleeping With Sirens (59,000)
- "Based on a True Story..." - Blake Shelton (36,000)
- "True Believers" - Darius Rucker (33,000)
- "Super Collider" - Megadeth (29,000)
- "Night Visions" - Imagine Dragons (28,000)
- "Here's to the Good Times" - Florida Georgia Line (28,000)
- "The 20/20 Experience" - "Justin Timberlake" (27,000)
- "Grinning Streak" - Barenaked Ladies (26,000)
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off