First Look at Rob Lowe as JFK in Nat Geo's 'Killing Kennedy'
After undergoing a drastic makeover for his role as a plastic surgeon in HBO's "Behind the Candelabra", Rob Lowe has a lesser prosthetic-dependent transformation for his new acting gig, "Killing Kennedy". The actor takes on the role of John F. Kennedy in the National Geographic Channel project, and his first look in the movie has just surfaced.
Donning a suit, the Chris Traeger of "Parks and Recreation" is pictured in costume as the 35th president of the United States. He recreates JFK's posthumous presidential portrait by Aaron Shikler.
"Killing Kennedy" is adapted from Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot". It chronicles the final years of Kennedy and his assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, who is portrayed by Will Rothhaar. Ginnifer Goodwin stars as First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, and Michelle Trachtenberg portrays Harvey Oswald's wife.
Shooting for the two-hour drama began Tuesday, June 11 in Richmond, Va. It is slated to premiere in November and mark the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die