First Look at Rob Lowe as JFK in Nat Geo's 'Killing Kennedy'
After undergoing a drastic makeover for his role as a plastic surgeon in HBO's "Behind the Candelabra", Rob Lowe has a lesser prosthetic-dependent transformation for his new acting gig, "Killing Kennedy". The actor takes on the role of John F. Kennedy in the National Geographic Channel project, and his first look in the movie has just surfaced.
Donning a suit, the Chris Traeger of "Parks and Recreation" is pictured in costume as the 35th president of the United States. He recreates JFK's posthumous presidential portrait by Aaron Shikler.
"Killing Kennedy" is adapted from Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot". It chronicles the final years of Kennedy and his assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, who is portrayed by Will Rothhaar. Ginnifer Goodwin stars as First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, and Michelle Trachtenberg portrays Harvey Oswald's wife.
Shooting for the two-hour drama began Tuesday, June 11 in Richmond, Va. It is slated to premiere in November and mark the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation