First Look at Rob Lowe as JFK in Nat Geo's 'Killing Kennedy'
After undergoing a drastic makeover for his role as a plastic surgeon in HBO's "Behind the Candelabra", Rob Lowe has a lesser prosthetic-dependent transformation for his new acting gig, "Killing Kennedy". The actor takes on the role of John F. Kennedy in the National Geographic Channel project, and his first look in the movie has just surfaced.
Donning a suit, the Chris Traeger of "Parks and Recreation" is pictured in costume as the 35th president of the United States. He recreates JFK's posthumous presidential portrait by Aaron Shikler.
"Killing Kennedy" is adapted from Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot". It chronicles the final years of Kennedy and his assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, who is portrayed by Will Rothhaar. Ginnifer Goodwin stars as First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, and Michelle Trachtenberg portrays Harvey Oswald's wife.
Shooting for the two-hour drama began Tuesday, June 11 in Richmond, Va. It is slated to premiere in November and mark the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'