First Look at Rob Lowe as JFK in Nat Geo's 'Killing Kennedy'
After undergoing a drastic makeover for his role as a plastic surgeon in HBO's "Behind the Candelabra", Rob Lowe has a lesser prosthetic-dependent transformation for his new acting gig, "Killing Kennedy". The actor takes on the role of John F. Kennedy in the National Geographic Channel project, and his first look in the movie has just surfaced.
Donning a suit, the Chris Traeger of "Parks and Recreation" is pictured in costume as the 35th president of the United States. He recreates JFK's posthumous presidential portrait by Aaron Shikler.
"Killing Kennedy" is adapted from Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot". It chronicles the final years of Kennedy and his assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, who is portrayed by Will Rothhaar. Ginnifer Goodwin stars as First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, and Michelle Trachtenberg portrays Harvey Oswald's wife.
Shooting for the two-hour drama began Tuesday, June 11 in Richmond, Va. It is slated to premiere in November and mark the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift