Naomi Watts Is Princess of Wales in 'Diana' Teaser Trailer
The first teaser trailer for "Diana", a movie about the late Princess of Wales, has just arrived. It gives a look at Naomi Watts as she brings back to life "the people's princess." The royal's struggle of coping with the pressure of living under the spotlight will be one of the highlights.
The video is filled with familiar imageries connected to the life of Lady Di. It starts with a reminder of Diana's final day; a shot of a hotel room at the Ritz in Paris with Diana seen from behind wearing white jeans and a dark-colored blazer, and a glimpse of her infamous yacht vacation.
The film will follow the last two years of the Princess' life post her very public divorce with Prince Charles. It will focus on her campaign against land mines and her relationship with surgeon Dr. Hasnat Khan, whom she dated before seeing Dodi Fayed, the owner of the Paris Ritz Hotel.
Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, the drama will be supported by Naveen Andrews as Dr. Hasnat Khan and Cas Anvar as Dodi Fayed. Entertainment One has acquired the U.S. rights to the film and will likely release it stateside later this year, just in time for awards season.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed