Naomi Watts Is Princess of Wales in 'Diana' Teaser Trailer
The first teaser trailer for "Diana", a movie about the late Princess of Wales, has just arrived. It gives a look at Naomi Watts as she brings back to life "the people's princess." The royal's struggle of coping with the pressure of living under the spotlight will be one of the highlights.
The video is filled with familiar imageries connected to the life of Lady Di. It starts with a reminder of Diana's final day; a shot of a hotel room at the Ritz in Paris with Diana seen from behind wearing white jeans and a dark-colored blazer, and a glimpse of her infamous yacht vacation.
The film will follow the last two years of the Princess' life post her very public divorce with Prince Charles. It will focus on her campaign against land mines and her relationship with surgeon Dr. Hasnat Khan, whom she dated before seeing Dodi Fayed, the owner of the Paris Ritz Hotel.
Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, the drama will be supported by Naveen Andrews as Dr. Hasnat Khan and Cas Anvar as Dodi Fayed. Entertainment One has acquired the U.S. rights to the film and will likely release it stateside later this year, just in time for awards season.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?