Naomi Watts Is Princess of Wales in 'Diana' Teaser Trailer
The first teaser trailer for "Diana", a movie about the late Princess of Wales, has just arrived. It gives a look at Naomi Watts as she brings back to life "the people's princess." The royal's struggle of coping with the pressure of living under the spotlight will be one of the highlights.
The video is filled with familiar imageries connected to the life of Lady Di. It starts with a reminder of Diana's final day; a shot of a hotel room at the Ritz in Paris with Diana seen from behind wearing white jeans and a dark-colored blazer, and a glimpse of her infamous yacht vacation.
The film will follow the last two years of the Princess' life post her very public divorce with Prince Charles. It will focus on her campaign against land mines and her relationship with surgeon Dr. Hasnat Khan, whom she dated before seeing Dodi Fayed, the owner of the Paris Ritz Hotel.
Directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, the drama will be supported by Naveen Andrews as Dr. Hasnat Khan and Cas Anvar as Dodi Fayed. Entertainment One has acquired the U.S. rights to the film and will likely release it stateside later this year, just in time for awards season.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video