'Man of Steel' New Clip: Superman Seems to Inherit Fighting Skills From Jor-El
Ahead of the June 14 release, Warner Bros. has unleashed another clip for its highly-anticipated "Man of Steel" with Jor-El featured in it. Through the latest sneak peek, fans can now understand where Superman gets his amazing butt-kicking skills from as his biological dad, played by Russell Crowe, is seen throwing killer punches and shooting bad guys down.
During a press conference at the film's junket, Crowe revealed that he had "never seen any other Superman movie" and only "read the script" to get to know the character he played. "I thought it was a complex and really cool story, in and of itself. I thought the problems that Jor-El faced, in terms of his decisions, as a father, were very interesting. That's why I got involved," he said.
The New Zealand-born actor also shared "a very interesting" experience during the filming. "I think Zack employed four babies, as the recently born Kal-El ... On this movie, I got farted on first. That was okay. I got pissed on, which was a little inconvenient ... I had new experiences, as a parent on this movie, that I hadn't previously had. So thank you Zack," said the Maximus of "Gladiator".
The Zack Snyder-directed film introduces Henry Cavill as the new Superman with Amy Adams playing his love interest Lois Lane. Michael Shannon is tapped to villainize the feature with his portrayal of General Zod.
Already having its sequel being planned, "Man of Steel" will have its special early screening on Thursday, June 13 at 7 P.M.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer