Lady Mary to Have Some 'Handsome' Suitors in 'Downton Abbey' Season 4
Michelle Dockery's Lady Mary may not be single too long. When "Downton Abbey" returns with its fourth season in early 2014 on PBS, the widow of Dan Stevens' Matthew Crawley will have "quite a few" and "very handsome" men chasing after her.
Dishing on the love life of Lady Mary was none other that the character depicter, Dockery. "Yes, there are a few potential suitors... [But] I don't even know where it's going yet," she told E! Online at the "Downton Abbey" event at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood on Monday night, June 10.
"I just want her to be happy eventually," the actress revealed her wish for her character. "She was, and now she's not again." When suggested that Lady Mary hooks up with jazz singer Jack Ross, the first major black character on the show, she said with a laugh, "Maybe that's what Julian [Fellowes - series creator]'s got up his sleeve. She runs off with the jazz singer!"
On a more serious note, the British beauty revealed, "We're really kind of moved into the 20s now so it's all very Bright Young Things. There are a lot of parties."
On the same occasion, star Phyllis Logan talked about J.J. Abrams' visit to "Downton Abbey" set last month. "We were going to get changed for another scene, and he was standing in the kitchen and he picked up Mrs. Padmore's basin and he was posing for one of his friends with a phone camera," the Mrs. Hughes depicter said of a photo posted on Bad Robot's Twitter page featuring the "Star Trek Into Darkness" helmer, who is a big fan of the period drama, in Downton's basement kitchen.
"I just went behind him, he didn't know I was there, and tapped him on the shoulder. And then next thing, everybody's taking pictures," she further recalled. "That was a bit naughty, wasn't it? I had my hairnet on and everything."
"Downton Abbey" season 4 will premiere on January 5, 2014 and air through February 23, 2014 in the U.S. It adds some new cast members, including Gary Carr, Kiri Te Kanawa, Julian Ovenden, Nigel Harman, Joanna David, Harriet Walter and Tom Cullen, the latest of which is cast as Lady Mary's potential new love interest.
Julian Fellowes said that Lady Mary "is starting to think about getting back to life" in the upcoming installment following the death of her husband Matthew Crawley in the 2012 Christmas special.
J.J. Abrams visited "Downton Abbey" set:
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie