Carey Mulligan 'Not Prepared to Commit' to Hillary Clinton Role in 'Rodham'
Having been named "the producers' top choice," Carey Mulligan has decided to pass on the offer to play arguably the most sought-after role, young Hillary Clinton, in biopic "Rodham". Insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that the wife of Marcus Mumford reasons she is "not prepared to commit to the role at this time."
Mulligan was previously reported being the frontrunner for the coveted role despite rumors not including her in the mix alongside Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon. The English actress was also said to have discussed the chance with director James Ponsoldt and feel "eager for it to work."
Prior to Mulligan's refusal, "Zero Dark Thirty" star Jessica Chastain also said that she would not take on that role. She even denied that she's being considered as rumored before, saying, "No, that's actually not true. I [only] found out about the project online."
Even though it leaves Scar-Jo, Witherspoon and Amanda Seyfried as the current frontrunners, The Hollywood Reporter says that Ponsoldt "will resume the search shortly," hinting at the possibility of another new name included in the mix.
The indie drama follows Hillary Rodham, the youngest lawyer chosen for the House Judiciary Committee to Impeach Nixon, who finds herself forced to choose between a destined path to the White House and her unresolved feelings for former boyfriend Bill Clinton, who is teaching law in Arkansas.
Kim Young Il provides the script for "Rodham", which is slated for a 2016 release during the Presidential Election.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West