Artist of the Week: Big Time Rush
Big Time Rush wasn't just capitalizing on the success of their Nickoledeon TV series of the same name when they released their first studio effort. Three years after "BTR" was launched, the stars of musical comedy show "Big Time Rush" are still dividing their time between filming the TV show and greeting fans from one stage to another.
Adding proof that they're serious about their work in music, the four-piece band was heavily involved in the songwriting process for their third album, "24/Seven", which is due June 11. The group recorded 40-50 songs for the said album and Kendall Schmidt said they wrote the majority of them.
To adjust to their image as they now enter adulthood, just like some of their fans, their songs are aimed to appeal to an older audience. "It's a little more grown-up," Kendall explained. "It's a little more upper teenager lyrical content... But it's catchy stuff. My brothers love it just as much as some of the fans love it."
As their loyal devotees are eagerly waiting for the album's arrival, Big Time Rush dropped a music video for the promotional single "Like Nobody's Around" and is already prepping a tour in support of the album. Called "Summer Break", the tour will begin June 21 in Los Angeles, California with Victoria Justice enlisted as opening act.
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'