Ciara Served With Legal Paper During Performance at L.A. Pride
Ciara had an unpleasant surprise when highlighting L.A. Pride Festival, a Gay Pride celebration, on Saturday night, June 8. TMZ reported that the 27-year-old singer was performing when a woman in the crowd gave her court documents.
The incident was caught on TMZ's camera. Without pausing her performance, Ciara received the papers, took a brief look at it and quickly tossed it back to the woman. Ciara moved away and the woman then looked at the camera and said, "She got served."
The legal papers came after Ciara axed her appearance at The Factory, a gay bar in West Hollywood, on Friday, June 7. "Ciara's commitment to perform at L.A. Gay Pride on Saturday night prevented her from making such a Friday night appearance," a representative for Ciara said on early Saturday, June 8.
"Despite being notified early last week that Ciara could not appear, The Factory continued to market and promote Ciara's appearance," the rep continued. "The reason for the continued marketing/promotion is unclear, as it is not known why The Factory would intend to continue to mislead the public, to cause damage to the L.A. Gay Pride festival and to attempt to portray Ciara in a negative light."
More Ciara News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival