Ciara Served With Legal Paper During Performance at L.A. Pride
Ciara had an unpleasant surprise when highlighting L.A. Pride Festival, a Gay Pride celebration, on Saturday night, June 8. TMZ reported that the 27-year-old singer was performing when a woman in the crowd gave her court documents.
The incident was caught on TMZ's camera. Without pausing her performance, Ciara received the papers, took a brief look at it and quickly tossed it back to the woman. Ciara moved away and the woman then looked at the camera and said, "She got served."
The legal papers came after Ciara axed her appearance at The Factory, a gay bar in West Hollywood, on Friday, June 7. "Ciara's commitment to perform at L.A. Gay Pride on Saturday night prevented her from making such a Friday night appearance," a representative for Ciara said on early Saturday, June 8.
"Despite being notified early last week that Ciara could not appear, The Factory continued to market and promote Ciara's appearance," the rep continued. "The reason for the continued marketing/promotion is unclear, as it is not known why The Factory would intend to continue to mislead the public, to cause damage to the L.A. Gay Pride festival and to attempt to portray Ciara in a negative light."
More Ciara News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie