Ciara Gets Sued for Backing Out of Gay Event
Hip-hop/R'n'B singer Ciara may not have only lost a $10,000 payday but has also gained a major headache as West Hollywood gay bar The Factory filed a lawsuit against her for allegedly bailing out of a gay event scheduled at their venue during L.A. Gay Pride week. The Factory accused the 27-year-old singer of backing out of their deal to perform at the venue after they had already promoted her appearance.
Although the gay bar admits to having been advised by CiCi's camp that she is not allowed to perform at The Factory due to restrictions on her contract with the L.A. Pride event, she made it appear that she could show up on the gay bar's own event without any problems, making it a done deal. Ciara was supposedly booked for the Friday night pre-gay parade bash from which she eventually bailed out of.
The Factory is now suing the "Body Party" artist for breach of contract, asking to be compensated back not just for the money they spent on promoting her gig at their gay bar as well as the sales that they lost due to the non-appearance.
When asked for comment, Ciara's rep said there's no cause for a lawsuit as a deal was never sealed in the first place between her client and the gay bar since Ciara had already committed to perform at L.A. Gay Pride on Saturday night. The rep also said The Factory continued to promote Ciara's supposed appearance in their bar despite being already notified against it early last week.
More Ciara News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary