Ciara Gets Sued for Backing Out of Gay Event
Hip-hop/R'n'B singer Ciara may not have only lost a $10,000 payday but has also gained a major headache as West Hollywood gay bar The Factory filed a lawsuit against her for allegedly bailing out of a gay event scheduled at their venue during L.A. Gay Pride week. The Factory accused the 27-year-old singer of backing out of their deal to perform at the venue after they had already promoted her appearance.
Although the gay bar admits to having been advised by CiCi's camp that she is not allowed to perform at The Factory due to restrictions on her contract with the L.A. Pride event, she made it appear that she could show up on the gay bar's own event without any problems, making it a done deal. Ciara was supposedly booked for the Friday night pre-gay parade bash from which she eventually bailed out of.
The Factory is now suing the "Body Party" artist for breach of contract, asking to be compensated back not just for the money they spent on promoting her gig at their gay bar as well as the sales that they lost due to the non-appearance.
When asked for comment, Ciara's rep said there's no cause for a lawsuit as a deal was never sealed in the first place between her client and the gay bar since Ciara had already committed to perform at L.A. Gay Pride on Saturday night. The rep also said The Factory continued to promote Ciara's supposed appearance in their bar despite being already notified against it early last week.
More Ciara News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut