NBC Releases First Trailer for Summer Drama 'Siberia'
Another network presents a scripted series with found-footage format. After "The River" tanked on ABC, NBC is now gearing up to launch "Siberia" which centers on a group of reality contestants, giving a logical reason why there are cameras following the characters all the time, even during the tense situation.
Described as "Lost" meets "Survivor", the summer series begins as 16 reality-show participants film a fake reality show in the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska, unknowing of the land's mysterious past. Their enthusiasm quickly turns to sheer panic as a series of strange events begin to occur.
The contestants soon attribute the occurrences to ruses set up by the producers, even dismissing the death of a fellow contestant as accidental. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants meet the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.
"Siberia" is created by Matthew Arnold with Michael Ohoven, Slava Jakovleff and Chris Philip as executive producers. The drama series will premiere Monday, July 1 at 10/9c on NBC.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'