NBC Releases First Trailer for Summer Drama 'Siberia'
Another network presents a scripted series with found-footage format. After "The River" tanked on ABC, NBC is now gearing up to launch "Siberia" which centers on a group of reality contestants, giving a logical reason why there are cameras following the characters all the time, even during the tense situation.
Described as "Lost" meets "Survivor", the summer series begins as 16 reality-show participants film a fake reality show in the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska, unknowing of the land's mysterious past. Their enthusiasm quickly turns to sheer panic as a series of strange events begin to occur.
The contestants soon attribute the occurrences to ruses set up by the producers, even dismissing the death of a fellow contestant as accidental. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants meet the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.
"Siberia" is created by Matthew Arnold with Michael Ohoven, Slava Jakovleff and Chris Philip as executive producers. The drama series will premiere Monday, July 1 at 10/9c on NBC.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna