NBC Releases First Trailer for Summer Drama 'Siberia'
Another network presents a scripted series with found-footage format. After "The River" tanked on ABC, NBC is now gearing up to launch "Siberia" which centers on a group of reality contestants, giving a logical reason why there are cameras following the characters all the time, even during the tense situation.
Described as "Lost" meets "Survivor", the summer series begins as 16 reality-show participants film a fake reality show in the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska, unknowing of the land's mysterious past. Their enthusiasm quickly turns to sheer panic as a series of strange events begin to occur.
The contestants soon attribute the occurrences to ruses set up by the producers, even dismissing the death of a fellow contestant as accidental. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants meet the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.
"Siberia" is created by Matthew Arnold with Michael Ohoven, Slava Jakovleff and Chris Philip as executive producers. The drama series will premiere Monday, July 1 at 10/9c on NBC.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival