Eminem Welcomes Kendrick Lamar and Friends to his Detroit Studio
MTV's Hottest MC Kendrick Lamar is the celebrity to pay Grammy Award-winning rapper Eminem a visit in his Detroit recording studio. The "B*tch, Don't Kill My Vibe" artist brought along his Black Hippy crew of Ab-Soul, ScHoolBoy Q and Jay Rock, as seen in a new photo of them with the gracious host along with rapper Royce da 5'9" and producer Mr.Porter, sparking speculations that they dropped a feature in Eminem's forthcoming eighth studio album.
The collaboration rumors may have stemmed from another recent photo, that of Canadian rapper Big Sean in a studio session with Slim Shady. Just before Lamar dropped by Eminem's recording lair, comedian Chris Rock was first to come by, even teasing curious fans that he may have done another rap cameo since he guested on Kanye West's track "Blame Game" off "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" back in 2010.
Perhaps the meet-up was just a side trip following a packed show in Detroit, a stopover in his "good kid, m.A.A.d. city" tour. They will soon perform two shows in Europe this August, the Glasgow Summer Session in Bellahouston Park on August 20 and then at the Stade de France on August 22.
An Eminem and Lamar collaboration is also not far-fetched at all, as both rap superstars are known for being Dr. Dre proteges. The hip-hop record producer is credited for Slim Shady's rise to mainstream popularity via his 1999 debut album "The Slim Shady LP" as well as giving Lamar his confidence to put out his album "good kid, m.A.A.d city".
More Eminem News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son