A Statue of Nude and Pregnant Kim Kardashian Displayed in L.A.
Los Angeles' LAB ART Gallery is displaying a sculpture of fully naked and pregnant Kim Kardashian. The life-sized sculpture, which is titled "L.A. Fertility", sees the 32-year-old reality TV star without arms while showing off her belly and breasts.
Daniel Edwards, who created the art, explained that his work was a response to media crtiticism over Kardashian's pregnancy body. The artist said in a statement, "I was inspired by the beauty of Kim Kardashian and felt quite put-off by the media's criticism of her weight gain during pregnancy. Such criticism should be off limits."
Edwards later told Los Angeles Magazine, "People tend to look at the parts, like the creases in her armpits, or how she wore a dress that makes her look like a killer whale, I'm stripping it of the details people get stuck on, so they can see the beauty."
"We live in a media-absorbed culture where anyone can access and share a celebrity's most intimate moments," Edwards' publicist, Cory Allen, said. "Daniel visually captures 'that' intimacy." Allen added that visitors are allowed to rub the statue's belly "for good luck and success."
Edwards' other unusual works are including a 2006 sculpture of naked Britney Spears giving birth on a bear skin rug and 2009 sculpture of Angelina Jolie breastfeeding her twins.
"L.A. Fertility" has been unveiled since Wednesday, June 5, and will remain on display for a limited period of time.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018