A Statue of Nude and Pregnant Kim Kardashian Displayed in L.A.
Los Angeles' LAB ART Gallery is displaying a sculpture of fully naked and pregnant Kim Kardashian. The life-sized sculpture, which is titled "L.A. Fertility", sees the 32-year-old reality TV star without arms while showing off her belly and breasts.
Daniel Edwards, who created the art, explained that his work was a response to media crtiticism over Kardashian's pregnancy body. The artist said in a statement, "I was inspired by the beauty of Kim Kardashian and felt quite put-off by the media's criticism of her weight gain during pregnancy. Such criticism should be off limits."
Edwards later told Los Angeles Magazine, "People tend to look at the parts, like the creases in her armpits, or how she wore a dress that makes her look like a killer whale, I'm stripping it of the details people get stuck on, so they can see the beauty."
"We live in a media-absorbed culture where anyone can access and share a celebrity's most intimate moments," Edwards' publicist, Cory Allen, said. "Daniel visually captures 'that' intimacy." Allen added that visitors are allowed to rub the statue's belly "for good luck and success."
Edwards' other unusual works are including a 2006 sculpture of naked Britney Spears giving birth on a bear skin rug and 2009 sculpture of Angelina Jolie breastfeeding her twins.
"L.A. Fertility" has been unveiled since Wednesday, June 5, and will remain on display for a limited period of time.
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture