Archie Comics Movie in the Works With 'Pitch Perfect' Director and 'Glee' Writer
Warner Bros. Pictures is confirmed to bring Archie comics characters to life with two figures from backgrounds of musical productions hired to work on an untitled Archie movie. Jason Moore, the man behind the lens for a cappella sensation "Pitch Perfect", will direct the film from the script by writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa of FOX's award-winning series "Glee".
The ambitious project based on the 1940s comics, featuring fictional teen Archie Andrews and his friends, will be produced by Roy Lee and Dan Lin. Archie Comics Co-CEO Jon Goldwater has also come aboard to help Krishnan Menon and Jon Silk executive produce the film, which is said to be a "high school comedy based on the original line of Archie comics set in present day Riverdale."
"We are thrilled to be working with Warner Bros. on this project and have complete faith in their ability to bring Archie to the big screen in a way the fans will love," says Jon Goldwater in a statement. "Having Roberto write and Jason direct is Archie's 'Dream Team.' Also, without Dan, Roy, Krish, and Jon, we could not have made this happen."
Aguirre-Sacasa also comments, "Jason [Moore] and I have been friends for a long time, and this is a complete passion project for everyone involved. Archie is the ultimate teenager and this movie will be the ultimate teenage movie - in the grand tradition of Sixteen Candles and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. We are so grateful to Jon [Goldwater] for inviting us to this dance."
As of now, no further details on production are revealed yet.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service