Beyonce Releases 'Epic' Soundtrack 'Rise Up'
After seemingly dropping new songs left and right, Beyonce Knowles shows no signs of letting up as she offers her new single "Rise Up". The inspirational tune comes off the soundtrack of the animated film "Epic", where the 31-year-old diva lends her voice to one of the lead characters, Queen Tara.
Co-written by prolific songwriter Sia Furler and produced by consistent hitmaker Hit-Boy with Chase N Cashe, "Rise Up" is an uplifting original song that tells listeners to "be who you are" and to "rise up to the wind." Queen Bey belts out the empowering lyrics, "Some people try to drag you down/ Take it from me, stand and be proud/ You're a warrior..."
Prior to the release of "Rise Up", Bey performed live for the first time her H&M track "Standing on the Sun" during her May 31 concert in Antwerp, Belgium. The month before, she premiered "Grown Woman" during her Paris show, a stopover of her "The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour".
The pop/R'n'B diva is coming off a successful "Chime for Change Presents: The Sound of Change Live" charity concert that took place over this past weekend in London's Twickenham Stadium. She is next set to perform in the 2013 V Festival in August followed soon after by husband Jay-Z's "Made in America" Music Fest in Philadelphia, after she wraps up her own concert tour on August 3 at the Barclays Center.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage