'The Lone Ranger' Featurette Reveals Armie Hammer Performing Extreme Action Without Stunt Double
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 702
Armie Hammer did a very risky stunt for one particular scene of "The Lone Ranger". As seen in the featurette for the Disney film, the John Reid depicter needed to stand atop Spirit Platform, a wooden structure standing 2,000 feet above ground, with no stunt double and only a harness attached to him.
"My head broke even of the platform and I saw nothing," Hammer recalled the terrifying moment. Filming the scene in Moab, Utah, at Dead Horse Point, the 26-year-old actor admitted that it was "pretty tense." He went on saying, "Everything in my body was screaming, 'Get down! Get down!' "
"The Lone Ranger" from director Gore Verbinski sees an American Indian spirit warrior named Tonto (Johnny Depp), who recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice. The two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
The western-set film will have its world premiere on June 22 at Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim. With tickets available for purchase $1000 each, fans will be able to directly greet not only Hammer and Depp, but also "filmmakers and many Hollywood celebrities in attendance."
"The Lone Ranger" is set to open across the nation on July 3.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'