'Iron Man 3' Lands on No. 5 on Highest-Grossing Movie of All Time List
Marvel scores big with Shane Black-directed "Iron Man 3". According to BoxOfficeMojo, the Robert Downey Jr.-led superhero movie becomes the fifth biggest-grossing movie of all time with $1.18 billion behind "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II".
It becomes the second Marvel movie to enter the coveted top 10 list, joining "The Avengers" which also stars Downey Jr. among other A-list actors. "Avengers" sits on the third place of the chart with $1.51 billion since being released in the summer of 2012.
The first and second spots, meanwhile, are occupied by two James Cameron blockbuster films. The groundbreaking 3-D movie "Avatar" takes the top spot with a whopping $2.78 billion, and the classic "Titanic" follows with $2.18 billion.
Top 10 of highest-grossing movies of all time:
- "Avatar" - $2.78 billion
- "Titanic" - $2.18 billion
- "The Avengers" - $1.51 billion
- "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" - $1.34 billion
- "Iron Man 3" - $1.18 billion
- "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" - $1.12 billion
- "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" - $1.11 billion
- "Skyfall" - $1.10 billion
- "The Dark Knight Rises" - $1.08 billion
- "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" - $1.06 billion
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport