'Blue Bloods' Promotes Marisa Ramirez to Series Regular as Jennifer Esposito's Replacement
"Blue Bloods" has promoted Marisa Ramirez to series regular. Following her arrival at the end of season three, the actress' status is upgraded in the upcoming fourth season to fill the void left by Jennifer Esposito who parted way with the show after being put on an indefinite medical leave.
Ramirez plays Detective Maria Baez, the former and now full-time partner for Donnie Wahlberg's Detective Danny Reagan. She and two other actresses were cast as potential full-time replacements for Esposito. Megan Ketch and Megan Boone were featured earlier in the third season.
"It all still feels a bit surreal," Ramirez tells THR about her promotion. "From the first day, everyone was so welcoming. Working with Donnie and the cast and crew of 'Blue Bloods' can spoil a girl. Total pros, each and every one, and all so supportive. I just enjoyed every minute. Truly, I never dreamed I would be coming back as a regular. To say I am grateful is an understatement."
Ramirez's credits also include "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" and the recently-canceled "Body of Proof" on which she had recurring roles. She also once guest starred on "The Mentalist".
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'