'Blue Bloods' Promotes Marisa Ramirez to Series Regular as Jennifer Esposito's Replacement
"Blue Bloods" has promoted Marisa Ramirez to series regular. Following her arrival at the end of season three, the actress' status is upgraded in the upcoming fourth season to fill the void left by Jennifer Esposito who parted way with the show after being put on an indefinite medical leave.
Ramirez plays Detective Maria Baez, the former and now full-time partner for Donnie Wahlberg's Detective Danny Reagan. She and two other actresses were cast as potential full-time replacements for Esposito. Megan Ketch and Megan Boone were featured earlier in the third season.
"It all still feels a bit surreal," Ramirez tells THR about her promotion. "From the first day, everyone was so welcoming. Working with Donnie and the cast and crew of 'Blue Bloods' can spoil a girl. Total pros, each and every one, and all so supportive. I just enjoyed every minute. Truly, I never dreamed I would be coming back as a regular. To say I am grateful is an understatement."
Ramirez's credits also include "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" and the recently-canceled "Body of Proof" on which she had recurring roles. She also once guest starred on "The Mentalist".
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby