'Blue Bloods' Promotes Marisa Ramirez to Series Regular as Jennifer Esposito's Replacement
"Blue Bloods" has promoted Marisa Ramirez to series regular. Following her arrival at the end of season three, the actress' status is upgraded in the upcoming fourth season to fill the void left by Jennifer Esposito who parted way with the show after being put on an indefinite medical leave.
Ramirez plays Detective Maria Baez, the former and now full-time partner for Donnie Wahlberg's Detective Danny Reagan. She and two other actresses were cast as potential full-time replacements for Esposito. Megan Ketch and Megan Boone were featured earlier in the third season.
"It all still feels a bit surreal," Ramirez tells THR about her promotion. "From the first day, everyone was so welcoming. Working with Donnie and the cast and crew of 'Blue Bloods' can spoil a girl. Total pros, each and every one, and all so supportive. I just enjoyed every minute. Truly, I never dreamed I would be coming back as a regular. To say I am grateful is an understatement."
Ramirez's credits also include "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" and the recently-canceled "Body of Proof" on which she had recurring roles. She also once guest starred on "The Mentalist".
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It