Beyonce Knowles Joined by Jay-Z at 'Chime for Change' Concert
Beyonce Knowles highlighted the "Chime for Change" concert at London's Twickenham Stadium on Saturday night, June 1. Not only did the 31-year-old present a dazzling performance, but she also surprised the crowd when her husband, Jay-Z, walked to the stage to help his wife sing their hit collaboration, "Crazy in Love".
Donning a black leather suit, Beyonce opened her set with "A Change Is Gonna Come". She went on to perform her other hits including "Run the World (Girls)", "If I Were a Boy", " Single Ladies", and "Grown Woman". At the event, she also paid tribute to Whitney Houston by singing the late singer's hit, "I Will Always Love You".
"This is such an incredible night for all of us. Because of you all, we have raised more than $4 million," she told the crowd during her set. She closed her spectacular show with her 2008 hit, "Halo".
Madonna also took the stage at the event. She delivered a touching speech about how the concert would change the world. "I keep telling people I want to start a revolution, but my revolution doesn't involve bloodshed and violence. My revolution starts with education. My revolution is about achieving a higher level of consciousness, but this cannot start without education," she told the crowd.
"We cannot change this world, nor begin to treat each other with human dignity, without an education. Let tonight be the beginning of this revolution because education is not a luxury, it is a basic human right," she continued. "I invite you all to join my revolution of love. Join me tonight. The revolution of love starts here."
Musicians including Jessie J, Iggy Azalea, John Legend, Rita Ora and Timbaland also performed at the concert, while stars like Salma Hayek, James Franco, Jessica Chastain, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana and Ryan Reynolds served as presenters.
"Chime for Change" is a concert to raise funds and awareness for women's empowerment and to promote education, health and justice for girls and women in several countries. The concert was broadcast to 150 countries.
Jay-Z Joins Beyonce Knowles at "Chime for Change" Concert:
Beyonce Knowles Performs "A Change Is Gonna Come" at "Chime for Change" Concert:
Beyonce Knowles Performs "Grown Woman" at "Chime for Change" Concert:
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene