Kanye West's Official 'Yeezus' Cover Revealed
Kanye West debuts the official cover for his sixth studio album, "Yeezus", on Friday, May 1. The minimalist cover looks like a clear CD case with a CD inside. The title of the album is scribbled on top of a red piece of tape that is attached on the right side.
"Forget everything else you have seen, this is the official artwork..." said DJ Semtex, West's label mate, who first unveiled the artwork. "No cover, booklet, just a sticker on the reverse of the package with the track list."
The official cover looks similar to the one that Kim Kardashian posted on Instagram last week. Just before West appeared on "Saturday Night Live" to perform "New Slaves" and "Black Skinhead", Kardashian shared an image of a CD case with a melted golden Jesus. "#Yeezus #RedYeezy's #SNL #Tonight #NewSlaves #YeezySeason #Donda #June18," she captioned the image.
The follow-up to West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" will not be available for pre-order and it will hit stores on June 18 via Def Jam Records. Musicians like Daft Punk, TNGHT, Frank Ocean, Chief Keef, and Azealia Banks are serving as guest stars in the album which was recorded in Paris.
More Kanye West News
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!
- Comic-Con: 'The Gifted' Debuts New Mutant-Filled Trailer, Confirms No Crossover With 'X-Men'