Woman Sues After Allegedly Contracting Herpes From Rihanna-Endorsed Lipstick
A Rihanna fan files a lawsuit against MAC Cosmetics, the company producing RiRi Woo lipstick. Starkeema Greenidge claims she got herpes after sampling the lipstick at a MAC popup store when attending the singer's concert at the Barclays Center in New York City on May 7.
The 28-year-old waitress said an employee applied the lipstick to her upper lip, and she was asked to "press her lips together and spread the lipstick around." Two days later, she developed a cold sore on her lip as a result of contracting a version of herpes simplex virus (HSV-1).
"(MAC) didn't use a fresh or new lipstick tube, but rather one that had been used for other patrons," she said, adding that the company should have trained their employees to use disposable tubes and "should have known . . . it was unsanitary and exposing patrons to possible spread of disease."
In the lawsuit filed at the Manhattan Supreme Court, the plaintiff is seeking unspecified damages claiming she suffered from "mental anguish and emotional distress" after contracting the incurable disease. "I wasn't able to work for two weeks. It cost me a lot of money," she complained.
In response, MAC issues a statement to the Daily Beast, "Consumer safety is a top priority at MAC Cosmetics, and we take these matters very seriously. We are closely reviewing these claims."
More Rihanna News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?