Katie Couric 'Regrets' Turning Down Date With Michael Jackson
Katie Couric recently revealed in SiriusXM radio show with Howard Stern the popular figures whom she once dated. In the candid chat which was held on Wednesday, May 29, the mother of two also said that Michael Jackson once asked her for a date, but she rejected his offer.
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, Jackson's spiritual teacher, once contacted her on the behalf of the King of Pop. Couric said, "(Boteach) called me in my office. (He said), 'Katie, I have a question for you. Are you seeing anyone?' " The rabbi's question puzzled her. "I thought, 'This is so beyond creepy that Rabbi Shmuley is hitting on me,' " Couric recalled.
"I'm like, 'Rabbi Shmuley, you have, like, nine kids, what's going on here?' I said, 'Actually, I am (seeing someone),' because I had a boyfriend at the time," Couric told the spiritual adviser. Rabbi Shmuley responded, "Oh, that's a shame, Michael said to me, 'That's the kind of girl I would like to go out with.' And I said, 'Rabbi Shmuley, that's very flattering but I am seeing someone. Will you tell him how flattered I am and what a nice compliment that is?' "
Whenever she recalls the conversation back then, Couric probably wishes she could turn back time. "I do regret not having dinner with him. That would have been insane - breaking bread with Michael Jackson!" she told Stern.
In the radio show, Couric also revealed other popular names who became her love interests, such as "Full House" actor Bob Saget and "Survivor" host Jeff Probst. "I don't think I did it for him," she said of her date with Saget. He did not contact her again after the first date.
Her date with Probst did not go well either. However, she did not think about it too much. "I thought they were both nice guys. I don't think there was real magic there with either [of them], but I enjoyed spending time with them. I think women need to be much more open-minded," she said.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences