'Revenge' Cuts Ashley Madekwe Due to Storyline Reasons
Ashley Madekwe won't show her scheming trick again on "Revenge". After starring as Ashley Davenport on the ABC soap drama for two seasons since the very beginning, the British actress won't return to the third season, Deadline reports.
According to the site, Madekwe's option is not picked up by the studio due to "storyline reasons." Her character was first introduced as Victoria Grayson's event planner and Emily Thorne's friend, who later slept with Conrad Grayson and his son Daniel. In season 2, Ashley became Conrad's assistant and then PR for his political campaign.
Madekwe isn't the only series regular departing "Revenge" after the season 2 finale. Connor Paolo won't return next season as well since his character Declan Porter was killed off at the end of last installment.
Moreover, the hit drama series was recently left by its creator and original showrunner Mike Kelley. Sunil Nayar has been appointed to take over the post in season 3.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'