'Revenge' Cuts Ashley Madekwe Due to Storyline Reasons
Ashley Madekwe won't show her scheming trick again on "Revenge". After starring as Ashley Davenport on the ABC soap drama for two seasons since the very beginning, the British actress won't return to the third season, Deadline reports.
According to the site, Madekwe's option is not picked up by the studio due to "storyline reasons." Her character was first introduced as Victoria Grayson's event planner and Emily Thorne's friend, who later slept with Conrad Grayson and his son Daniel. In season 2, Ashley became Conrad's assistant and then PR for his political campaign.
Madekwe isn't the only series regular departing "Revenge" after the season 2 finale. Connor Paolo won't return next season as well since his character Declan Porter was killed off at the end of last installment.
Moreover, the hit drama series was recently left by its creator and original showrunner Mike Kelley. Sunil Nayar has been appointed to take over the post in season 3.
More Revenge News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics