'Revenge' Cuts Ashley Madekwe Due to Storyline Reasons
Ashley Madekwe won't show her scheming trick again on "Revenge". After starring as Ashley Davenport on the ABC soap drama for two seasons since the very beginning, the British actress won't return to the third season, Deadline reports.
According to the site, Madekwe's option is not picked up by the studio due to "storyline reasons." Her character was first introduced as Victoria Grayson's event planner and Emily Thorne's friend, who later slept with Conrad Grayson and his son Daniel. In season 2, Ashley became Conrad's assistant and then PR for his political campaign.
Madekwe isn't the only series regular departing "Revenge" after the season 2 finale. Connor Paolo won't return next season as well since his character Declan Porter was killed off at the end of last installment.
Moreover, the hit drama series was recently left by its creator and original showrunner Mike Kelley. Sunil Nayar has been appointed to take over the post in season 3.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says