'Revenge' Cuts Ashley Madekwe Due to Storyline Reasons
Ashley Madekwe won't show her scheming trick again on "Revenge". After starring as Ashley Davenport on the ABC soap drama for two seasons since the very beginning, the British actress won't return to the third season, Deadline reports.
According to the site, Madekwe's option is not picked up by the studio due to "storyline reasons." Her character was first introduced as Victoria Grayson's event planner and Emily Thorne's friend, who later slept with Conrad Grayson and his son Daniel. In season 2, Ashley became Conrad's assistant and then PR for his political campaign.
Madekwe isn't the only series regular departing "Revenge" after the season 2 finale. Connor Paolo won't return next season as well since his character Declan Porter was killed off at the end of last installment.
Moreover, the hit drama series was recently left by its creator and original showrunner Mike Kelley. Sunil Nayar has been appointed to take over the post in season 3.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars