Mick Taylor Entered Rehab Before Reunion Performance With Rolling Stones
Mick Taylor joined the members of The Rolling Stones on a stage to celebrate the group's 50th anniversary last year. However, only now he opened up that he had to join rehab for a month to prepare for the performance.
"I was actually in rehab, to be honest, for 35 days, and I kind of got shanghai'd (forced) out of there onto the stage," Taylor told Mojo magazine. When the magazine asked if the rehab was a "stipulation" from the band, Taylor answered, "I would've done it anyway. I didn't wanna go on stage, unless I was feeling strong and proud. Which I did."
The guitarist described his first-time experience in rehab as "life-changing." He added that rehab "can only really help you when you are ready to help yourself." He said of the 2012 performance, "I can only say that playing with them for 11 minutes each night completely re-energised me as a human being and as a performer. I loved it. The first show at (London's) O2 (Arena) I made a few mistakes, but the next two shows in Newark (New Jersey) were special. Me and Keith bonded incredibly well."
The "Brown Sugar" hitmakers gathered last year to hold the band's 50th anniversary concert. Taylor quit the group in 1974. His position as a guitarist was replaced by Ronnie Wood. Mick Jagger and the other members invited him to join the concert to perform several songs with them.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech