Henry Cavill Nicknamed 'Fat Cavill' During Childhood
Henry Cavill says that he had chubby features as a child. In a June/July issue of Details magazine, Cavill reveals, "I was fat. I was Fat Cavill." The fact that he always missed home when he was in boarding school did not help him with his friends.
"I bawled on the phone to my mom four times a day. I became an easy target," he tells the magazine. The Fat Cavill did not have many friends and tended to be alone when he was at school. However, he tried to make friends by performing in several school plays a year. He loved being involved in plays and wanted to keep acting, but his father disapproved.
Cavill's life changed when a casting agent went to his school in search for an actor for "The Count of Monte Cristo". The 17-year-old Cavill passed the audition and got his father's approval. In addition, he got rid of the nickname at the same time. He worked out and lost 21 pounds to play his role in the movie. "And I wasn't Fat Cavill anymore," says "The Tudors" star.
To play Clark Kent in "Man of Steel", Cavill had to work even harder to meet director Zack Snyder's requirement. "When I was doing '300', I wanted the guys looking like they could survive life in the woods, like they could hunt things down and kill them. For Superman, for Henry, you want that and a little more," the director says.
The 30-year-old actor recalls his training when he was doing "Man of Steel". "We did some of the first shots in Plano, Illinois, and they'd get me up at the crack of dawn, and we'd go to work in this tiny gym at the bottom of the very cheap motel we were staying in. We'd go for an hour, an hour and a half, and then we'd film all day in 100-degree temperatures," he says. Besides doing vigorous workout with a trainer, eating 5,000 calories a day contributed to Cavill's well-built body.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars