Beyonce Knowles and Madonna to Take Part at London Benefit Concert
Beyonce Knowles and Madonna are teaming up with activist Gloria Steinem and Bishop Desmond Tutu for a benefit concert in London on Saturday, June 1. The singers will appear at "The Sound of Change Live" concert and help share the message of empowerment for women.
At the 4-hour concert, Beyonce will join other singers including Jennifer Lopez, Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, John Legend and Timbaland to perform, while Madonna will serve as a presenter. The 4-hour concert will be broadcast to 150 countries on June 2.
"Sixty percent of the children in the world not in school are girls," Madonna said of her involvement in the benefit concert. "Two-thirds of the world's illiterate are women. I do not accept this. We need to change this and we will change this."
The concert, which will start at 01:00 P.M. at Twickenham Stadium, London, will also show some stories and films highlighting women's issue from a global perspective.
"The Sound of Change Live" is organized by the Chime for Change campaign to help raise fund for education, health and justice projects benefitting women and girls in over 70 countries worldwide. Concertgoers can select which project their ticket money will benefit. Others who couldn't make it to the concert will be able to support by donating online.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival