New Promo for Nickelodeon's 'Sam and Cat' Starring Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande
"iCarly" pal crosses path with "Victorious" girl on a new Nickelodeon show, "Sam & Cat". A new promo for the upcoming series, though is still vague about the plot, gives viewers a glimpse of what kind of hilarity that will ensue when these two girls with different personalities become best buds and roomies.
Sam, portrayed by Jennette McCurdy of "iCarly", is loud, independent, and tough as nails, while Cat, played by Ariana Grande of "Victorious", is sweet as pie and super flighty. Together, they're a power duo with a love for fun and adventure -- it's just too bad that it doesn't come cheap. A booming out-of-home babysitting business quickly becomes the answer to their empty-pocket problems, but also an extra reason for countless wacky adventures to come!
Dan Schneider, the creator of the spin-off series as well the mother shows, gushes about the new comedy, "As far as I can tell, this may be the first double spinoff in TV history." Claiming that he didn't plan for spin-offs, he admits, "Of course we love having the built-in audience of fans from'iCarly' and 'Victorious'. But we also want 'Sam & Cat' to stand entirely on its own. Nickelodeon is for kids 6 to 14, so there is always a younger audience that's not familiar with anything before."
"Sam & Cat" will debut on Saturday, June 8 at 8/7c on Nickelodeon.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo