New 'Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters' Trailer: Logan Lerman Is Face to Face With Menacing Beasts
Another trailer for "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" totally lives up to its name as leading man Logan Lerman is under threat of attack from menacing monsters. The video also gives an extended look at Nathan Fillion, whose character, Hermes, apparently lives a double life to hide his identity as a Greek god.
The upcoming film from Thor Freudenthal follows Percy, the son of Poseidon, embarking on a journey with his friends to retrieve the Golden Fleece to save their training ground, Camp Half-Blood. Traveling to the Sea of Monsters, they will soon find tough challenges that await them.
Brandon T. Jackson and Alexandra Daddario are back to reprise their roles as Grover and Annabeth respectively. Douglas Smith is introduced as Percy's half-brother, Tyson. Joining Douglas as a newcomer is Leven Rambin, who takes on the role of Clarisse La Rue, the demigod daughter of Ares.
Sitting down with Josh Horowitz of MTV, Logan reveals that the second film in the Percy Jackson film franchise will be "more fun" and "lighter" than "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" since "it has more comedic elements."
Of the appealing sides of the sequel, the 21-year-old star says, "It's definitely a bigger story, bigger monsters, bigger effects, 3-D."
"Sea of Monster" is set to be released in theaters across the United States on August 16.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics