New 'Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters' Trailer: Logan Lerman Is Face to Face With Menacing Beasts
Another trailer for "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" totally lives up to its name as leading man Logan Lerman is under threat of attack from menacing monsters. The video also gives an extended look at Nathan Fillion, whose character, Hermes, apparently lives a double life to hide his identity as a Greek god.
The upcoming film from Thor Freudenthal follows Percy, the son of Poseidon, embarking on a journey with his friends to retrieve the Golden Fleece to save their training ground, Camp Half-Blood. Traveling to the Sea of Monsters, they will soon find tough challenges that await them.
Brandon T. Jackson and Alexandra Daddario are back to reprise their roles as Grover and Annabeth respectively. Douglas Smith is introduced as Percy's half-brother, Tyson. Joining Douglas as a newcomer is Leven Rambin, who takes on the role of Clarisse La Rue, the demigod daughter of Ares.
Sitting down with Josh Horowitz of MTV, Logan reveals that the second film in the Percy Jackson film franchise will be "more fun" and "lighter" than "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" since "it has more comedic elements."
Of the appealing sides of the sequel, the 21-year-old star says, "It's definitely a bigger story, bigger monsters, bigger effects, 3-D."
"Sea of Monster" is set to be released in theaters across the United States on August 16.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video