New 'Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters' Trailer: Logan Lerman Is Face to Face With Menacing Beasts
Another trailer for "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" totally lives up to its name as leading man Logan Lerman is under threat of attack from menacing monsters. The video also gives an extended look at Nathan Fillion, whose character, Hermes, apparently lives a double life to hide his identity as a Greek god.
The upcoming film from Thor Freudenthal follows Percy, the son of Poseidon, embarking on a journey with his friends to retrieve the Golden Fleece to save their training ground, Camp Half-Blood. Traveling to the Sea of Monsters, they will soon find tough challenges that await them.
Brandon T. Jackson and Alexandra Daddario are back to reprise their roles as Grover and Annabeth respectively. Douglas Smith is introduced as Percy's half-brother, Tyson. Joining Douglas as a newcomer is Leven Rambin, who takes on the role of Clarisse La Rue, the demigod daughter of Ares.
Sitting down with Josh Horowitz of MTV, Logan reveals that the second film in the Percy Jackson film franchise will be "more fun" and "lighter" than "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" since "it has more comedic elements."
Of the appealing sides of the sequel, the 21-year-old star says, "It's definitely a bigger story, bigger monsters, bigger effects, 3-D."
"Sea of Monster" is set to be released in theaters across the United States on August 16.
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash