Kelly Rowland Reveals Beyonce Knowles' Reaction to 'Dirty Laundry'
Fans who were wondering how Beyonce Knowles reacted to Kelly Rowland's jealousy admission track "Dirty Laundry" got a treat from Rowland when the singer revealed what transpired when she had Bey and Michelle Williams (II) have an exclusive listen of her new single. During an interview over at Washington radio station 93.9 WKYS, the 32-year-old artist said she wanted her Destiny's Child group mates to hear the controversial track first before it got released to the public.
"I played it for her and Michelle. She was just like 'I never left,' " Rowland revealed Beyonce's simple but meaningful immediate reaction to the very honest and emotional single, which Rowland found to be "so sweet." "It was endearing. She heard how real I was and she was just like 'I'm so proud of you,' " Rowland beamed.
"Dirty Laundry" was put under the spotlight a couple of days ago after Rowland broke down while performing the song live at her Washington D.C. concert. In the track, she openly admitted about being jealous of Beyonce's success at the same time revealing that she had been in an abusive relationship.
Saying it "felt like I was in therapy," Rowland explained what went on during that soul-baring moment. "I was singing and talking about what happened, and for a moment, it was like that crowd wasn't even there. And then when the music stopped...I was like 'You are live Kel. Calm down,' " Rowland recounted the "weird" 20 seconds or so when she "lost" herself onstage.
More Kelly Rowland News
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist