Kelly Rowland Reveals Beyonce Knowles' Reaction to 'Dirty Laundry'
Fans who were wondering how Beyonce Knowles reacted to Kelly Rowland's jealousy admission track "Dirty Laundry" got a treat from Rowland when the singer revealed what transpired when she had Bey and Michelle Williams (II) have an exclusive listen of her new single. During an interview over at Washington radio station 93.9 WKYS, the 32-year-old artist said she wanted her Destiny's Child group mates to hear the controversial track first before it got released to the public.
"I played it for her and Michelle. She was just like 'I never left,' " Rowland revealed Beyonce's simple but meaningful immediate reaction to the very honest and emotional single, which Rowland found to be "so sweet." "It was endearing. She heard how real I was and she was just like 'I'm so proud of you,' " Rowland beamed.
"Dirty Laundry" was put under the spotlight a couple of days ago after Rowland broke down while performing the song live at her Washington D.C. concert. In the track, she openly admitted about being jealous of Beyonce's success at the same time revealing that she had been in an abusive relationship.
Saying it "felt like I was in therapy," Rowland explained what went on during that soul-baring moment. "I was singing and talking about what happened, and for a moment, it was like that crowd wasn't even there. And then when the music stopped...I was like 'You are live Kel. Calm down,' " Rowland recounted the "weird" 20 seconds or so when she "lost" herself onstage.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris