Kelly Rowland Reveals Beyonce Knowles' Reaction to 'Dirty Laundry'
Fans who were wondering how Beyonce Knowles reacted to Kelly Rowland's jealousy admission track "Dirty Laundry" got a treat from Rowland when the singer revealed what transpired when she had Bey and Michelle Williams (II) have an exclusive listen of her new single. During an interview over at Washington radio station 93.9 WKYS, the 32-year-old artist said she wanted her Destiny's Child group mates to hear the controversial track first before it got released to the public.
"I played it for her and Michelle. She was just like 'I never left,' " Rowland revealed Beyonce's simple but meaningful immediate reaction to the very honest and emotional single, which Rowland found to be "so sweet." "It was endearing. She heard how real I was and she was just like 'I'm so proud of you,' " Rowland beamed.
"Dirty Laundry" was put under the spotlight a couple of days ago after Rowland broke down while performing the song live at her Washington D.C. concert. In the track, she openly admitted about being jealous of Beyonce's success at the same time revealing that she had been in an abusive relationship.
Saying it "felt like I was in therapy," Rowland explained what went on during that soul-baring moment. "I was singing and talking about what happened, and for a moment, it was like that crowd wasn't even there. And then when the music stopped...I was like 'You are live Kel. Calm down,' " Rowland recounted the "weird" 20 seconds or so when she "lost" herself onstage.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture