Nicolas Cage to Receive Legend Award at Italy's Ischia Fest
Nicolas Cage will be honored with an Ischia Legend Award on July 19 at the 2013 Ischia Global Film & Music Fest in Italy. The announcement made by festival founder Pascal Vicedomini on Tuesday, May 28 confirms that the "Con Air" actor will join fellow actor Samuel L. Jackson, who has been named an honoree earlier.
In his statement, Vicedomini praises Cage for his "daring performances and fearless choice of roles." Besides Cage and Jackson, Arnon Milchan, the producer of Julia Roberts' "Pretty Woman" and Angelina Jolie's "Mr and Mrs Smith", will also be presented with the same honor at the 11th festival, which will run from July 14-21.
In addition to the honor, the festival will also screen Cage's film "The Frozen Ground". In the Scott Walker thriller, the actor is featured as a police officer who teams up with Vanessa Hudgens, who plays an erotic dancer, to track down a serial killer portrayed by John Cusack. Hudgens will also attend the Italian premiere, as said by Ischia officials.
Among the previous Ischia Legend Award winners are Ben Kingsley, Hilary Swank, director Oliver Stone and British musician Sting. Last year, the honor was given to producer Clive Davis as well as directors Vittorio and Paolo Taviani, the duo behind 2012's "Caesar Must Die" which took home the Golden Bear at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics