'The Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: Desiree Hartsock Meets Shirtless Guy and Makes Early Cut
Desiree Hartsock's quest to find her true love on "The Bachelorette" has officially begun with the season 9 premiere on ABC Monday, May 27. The former star of "The Bachelor" season 17 talked about her heartbreak after being dumped by Sean Lowe and shared her hope to find her future husband on the show.
She then greeted the 25 suitors who would compete for her heart. Among those making impressions in their first meeting were Zak Waddell who came out of the limo shirtless, Nick Roy who showed a magic trick, Diogo Custodio who showed up as a knight in shining armor, literally, Nick Mucci who read a sweet poem, and Ben Scott who brought along his 4-year-old son Brody.
Chris Siegfried almost led everyone to think that he was going to propose to Desiree when he bent on his knees. A nice move it was, he then asked if she would mind if he tied his shoe. Meanwhile, Jonathan creeped Desiree out when he invited her to go straight to the Fantasy Suite.
At the cocktail party, the guys took turn to "steal" Desiree. Juan Pablo showed off his soccer skill, Larry Burchett apologized for getting her dress caught when teaching her some dance moves, and shirtless Zak ditched his pants to jump into the pool.
Jonathan tried to retract his Fantasy Suite invitation. Desiree seemed to be uncomfortable with Jonathan and cut short their conversation. When Jonathan talked to her again, she decided to send him home immediately.
After mingling with the guys, Desiree handed out the first impression roses to Ben, Zak, Drew Kenney, Bryden Vukasin, Michael Garofola, and Nick M. At the first Rose Ceremony, she gave more roses and cut five more guys. Diogo, Nick R., Larry, Micah and Mike R. joined Jonathan to be sent home, while 19 other guys remain in the competition.
More The Bachelorette News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection