Stone Temple Pilots Suing Terminated Frontman Scott Weiland
Rock band Stone Temple Pilots is dealing former frontman Scott Weiland another big blow after firing him from the group last February, hiring Linkin Park's frontman Chester Bennington in his place. The quartet has filed a lawsuit on Friday in Los Angeles against terminated vocalist Weiland, to rid him the right to use the band's name and/or songs that he was allegedly misusing to advance his solo career.
The lawsuit was said to have been instigated by Weiland himself by interfering with the airplay of the band's new single "Out of Time". His lawyer called the attention of Los Angeles modern rock radio station KROQ's head of programming, threatening that if the station played the track, it would be infringing on Weiland's rights.
"Enough is enough," read the lawsuit filed by STP, stating that "Without relief from the court, Weiland will continue violating STP's rights, misappropriating STP assets and interfering with the band's livelihood." The band claims it owns the rights to the Stone Temple Pilots name, including its songs, copyrights and trademarks and wants Wieland to desist from using the band's hits in his solo shows, or even from calling himself a former member of the band.
Despite the ongoing riffs between them and Weiland, STP made a surprise appearance in KROQ's annual Weenie Roast. They delighted fans attending the weekend show by dishing out their classics "Sex Type Thing" and "Vasoline" and debuting new song "Out of Time".
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots
- Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee Slam Venezuelan President for Using 'Despacito' as Political Propaganda
- Makeup-Free Kesha Shows Her Freckles in New Selfie
- Birdman Fires Back After Tyga Claims Cash Money Owes Him $12 Million
- Kevin Hart Considers Renewing Wedding Vows to Eniko Parrish Amid Cheating Rumors
- Netflix Debuts Teaser Trailer for New Margaret Atwood Adaptation, 'Alias Grace'
- Joshep Duggar Shares Romantic Engagement Photos With Fiancee Kendra Caldwell
- Daniel Craig Confirmed to Return for Bond 25, Release Date Announced