Kelly Clarkson Previews 'People Like Us' Music Video
"American Idol" pilot season champion Kelly Clarkson will unveil the music video of "People Like Us", her "Greatest Hits - Chapter 1" compilation album track, on Tuesday, May 28 on Vevo, but she is giving her fans something to tide them over the weekend until the big premiere. The 31-year-old artist dropped a 19-second sneak peek into the full video that previewed over E! News.
Alternating with footage of Clarkson rocking out her new single in a blue and black ensemble are images of a young girl as she was being fussed over by a team of scientists. The clip was quite short to derive the storyline but from the stereo-typical scenes, it might be treading on an extra-terrestrial theme for the visuals.
The "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" singer shot the music video early last month in Pasadena, California, joined on the set by her fiance Brandon Blackstock as well as hair stylist Harry Josh. In photos taken from the shoot, Clarkson was seen sporting a scientist's work clothes while her face was painted on with spots.
The Grammy Award-winning Clarkson gave a live rendition of "People Like Us" when she revisited the "Idol" stage to perform during the April 11 results show. Clarkson was reportedly being eyed to judge next season's competition after a complete overhaul of the current panel, but the "Idol" alum's rep has denied any involvement in ongoing negotiations.
Kelly Clarkson's "People Like Us" video teaser:
More Kelly Clarkson News
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media