Video: Snooki Has Awkward Meeting With Gov. Chris Christie
Snooki came face to face with New Jersey Governor when filming separate "Today" show segments on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights on Friday, May 24. The new mother and Gov. Chris Christie were caught on camera engaging in a brief uncomfortable chat before parting.
It was Deena Cortese who tried to play nice by praising the governor's heroic efforts during Hurricane Sandy, while Snooki looked more distant. Also accompanied by Jenni "JWoww" Farley, the petite reality TV star said, "I wanted to meet you, and I just hope you start to like us."
Christie, who has made no secret of his distaste for "Jersey Shore", ignored Snooki's remarks. "We do our best, alright. Good to meet you," he simply said before shaking each of their hands and then walking away, prompting a "he just doesn't like us" reaction from Snooki.
Christie didn't like Snooki and Co. because they didn't reflect New Jersey. "They're from New York," he reasoned. "Snooki is from Poughkeepsie and The Situation is from Staten Island. That's not New Jersey. They parachuted these losers into New Jersey."
He even mocked them by saying that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sent him a message saying, "Take them back. We don't want them."
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos