Video: Snooki Has Awkward Meeting With Gov. Chris Christie
Snooki came face to face with New Jersey Governor when filming separate "Today" show segments on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights on Friday, May 24. The new mother and Gov. Chris Christie were caught on camera engaging in a brief uncomfortable chat before parting.
It was Deena Cortese who tried to play nice by praising the governor's heroic efforts during Hurricane Sandy, while Snooki looked more distant. Also accompanied by Jenni "JWoww" Farley, the petite reality TV star said, "I wanted to meet you, and I just hope you start to like us."
Christie, who has made no secret of his distaste for "Jersey Shore", ignored Snooki's remarks. "We do our best, alright. Good to meet you," he simply said before shaking each of their hands and then walking away, prompting a "he just doesn't like us" reaction from Snooki.
Christie didn't like Snooki and Co. because they didn't reflect New Jersey. "They're from New York," he reasoned. "Snooki is from Poughkeepsie and The Situation is from Staten Island. That's not New Jersey. They parachuted these losers into New Jersey."
He even mocked them by saying that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sent him a message saying, "Take them back. We don't want them."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce