Video: Snooki Has Awkward Meeting With Gov. Chris Christie
Snooki came face to face with New Jersey Governor when filming separate "Today" show segments on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights on Friday, May 24. The new mother and Gov. Chris Christie were caught on camera engaging in a brief uncomfortable chat before parting.
It was Deena Cortese who tried to play nice by praising the governor's heroic efforts during Hurricane Sandy, while Snooki looked more distant. Also accompanied by Jenni "JWoww" Farley, the petite reality TV star said, "I wanted to meet you, and I just hope you start to like us."
Christie, who has made no secret of his distaste for "Jersey Shore", ignored Snooki's remarks. "We do our best, alright. Good to meet you," he simply said before shaking each of their hands and then walking away, prompting a "he just doesn't like us" reaction from Snooki.
Christie didn't like Snooki and Co. because they didn't reflect New Jersey. "They're from New York," he reasoned. "Snooki is from Poughkeepsie and The Situation is from Staten Island. That's not New Jersey. They parachuted these losers into New Jersey."
He even mocked them by saying that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sent him a message saying, "Take them back. We don't want them."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease