Amanda Bynes Denies Doing Drug After Arrest
Amanda Bynes denies accusation that she does drugs in a recent tweet which she posts after she appeared in a court following marijuana possession, tampering with evidence and reckless endangerment charges. "I only smoke tobacco I don't drink or do drugs. I've never had a bong in my life!" she wrote on Friday, May 23.
In the same Twitter post, she also commented about her appearance on her latest mugshot. "I need to get another nose job after seeing my mugshot!" Amanda said.
NBC 4 New York reported that the troubled starlet was arrested in her apartment on Thursday night after a doorman in her building called the police. Amanda reportedly smoked marijuana in the building's lobby, but she was back to her place on 36th floor when law enforcement officers came. The police reportedly followed her to her place and noticed that her room reeked of marijuana and smoke. Sources said that she threw a drug paraphernalia out of the window when the authorities spotted them.
The "Easy A" actress was taken to Roosevelt hospital to undergo a psychiatric analysis. She later was escorted to Midtown police station to be processed and stayed under custody for one night. The former child actress appeared in court on Friday to take care of the matters.
Amanda's attorney Andrew Friedman insisted that the actress was never in trouble when she was in New York. The attorney also said that his client "completely denies illegally throwing anything out of her window." Friedman added, "There was nothing recovered from the sidewalk, clearly a search was made for the bag."
Judge Neil Ross of the Criminal Court of the City of New York released her without bail. However, if she gets arrested again or fails to show up on the next court session, a "significant bail" will be given to her. The next court appearance is scheduled for July 9.
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'