Amanda Bynes Denies Doing Drug After Arrest
Amanda Bynes denies accusation that she does drugs in a recent tweet which she posts after she appeared in a court following marijuana possession, tampering with evidence and reckless endangerment charges. "I only smoke tobacco I don't drink or do drugs. I've never had a bong in my life!" she wrote on Friday, May 23.
In the same Twitter post, she also commented about her appearance on her latest mugshot. "I need to get another nose job after seeing my mugshot!" Amanda said.
NBC 4 New York reported that the troubled starlet was arrested in her apartment on Thursday night after a doorman in her building called the police. Amanda reportedly smoked marijuana in the building's lobby, but she was back to her place on 36th floor when law enforcement officers came. The police reportedly followed her to her place and noticed that her room reeked of marijuana and smoke. Sources said that she threw a drug paraphernalia out of the window when the authorities spotted them.
The "Easy A" actress was taken to Roosevelt hospital to undergo a psychiatric analysis. She later was escorted to Midtown police station to be processed and stayed under custody for one night. The former child actress appeared in court on Friday to take care of the matters.
Amanda's attorney Andrew Friedman insisted that the actress was never in trouble when she was in New York. The attorney also said that his client "completely denies illegally throwing anything out of her window." Friedman added, "There was nothing recovered from the sidewalk, clearly a search was made for the bag."
Judge Neil Ross of the Criminal Court of the City of New York released her without bail. However, if she gets arrested again or fails to show up on the next court session, a "significant bail" will be given to her. The next court appearance is scheduled for July 9.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?