Fun. Kicks Off 'Today' Show' 2013 Summer Concert Series
Indie rock band Fun. kicked off the 2013 Summer Concert Series of the "Today" show over Memorial Day weekend, performing to a packed crowd that gathered along Jersey Shore. The Grammy Award-winning act brought in the sunshine to the otherwise overcast weather that hovered over Seaside Heights boardwalk stage where they played their hits on Friday, May 24.
Nate Ruess and band mates Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff performed their Grammy winning song "We Are Young", their second top ten single "Some Nights" and the rock anthem "Carry On". Their third single, "a song about perseverance in hard times," proved to be a fitting rendition for the daytime concert, for the folks that rose from the Hurricane Sandy devastation that hit them last year.
Also giving a boost to the beachside community was New Jersey governor Chris Christie who said, "Anybody who lives in New Jersey, the Jersey shore is in your heart. This means everything to our state." The residents have slowly rebuilt their homes and business owners have tried to revive the tourist attraction that helps bring in more than $35 billion annually to the state.
Going next in the annual summer concert series are "Package Tour" performers New Kids On The Block, Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees on May 31. June will feature Lionel Richie, Maroon 5, Hunter Hayes and Phillip Phillips, while July will have John Mayer, Ed Sheeran, Fall Out Boy and Train. August boasts The Band Perry, Michael Buble, Luke Bryan and One Direction, with the final show to be handled by Chris Brown.
Fun. performing "We Are Young":
Fun. performing "Some Nights":
Fun. performing "Carry On":
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance