Fun. Kicks Off 'Today' Show' 2013 Summer Concert Series
Indie rock band Fun. kicked off the 2013 Summer Concert Series of the "Today" show over Memorial Day weekend, performing to a packed crowd that gathered along Jersey Shore. The Grammy Award-winning act brought in the sunshine to the otherwise overcast weather that hovered over Seaside Heights boardwalk stage where they played their hits on Friday, May 24.
Nate Ruess and band mates Andrew Dost and Jack Antonoff performed their Grammy winning song "We Are Young", their second top ten single "Some Nights" and the rock anthem "Carry On". Their third single, "a song about perseverance in hard times," proved to be a fitting rendition for the daytime concert, for the folks that rose from the Hurricane Sandy devastation that hit them last year.
Also giving a boost to the beachside community was New Jersey governor Chris Christie who said, "Anybody who lives in New Jersey, the Jersey shore is in your heart. This means everything to our state." The residents have slowly rebuilt their homes and business owners have tried to revive the tourist attraction that helps bring in more than $35 billion annually to the state.
Going next in the annual summer concert series are "Package Tour" performers New Kids On The Block, Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees on May 31. June will feature Lionel Richie, Maroon 5, Hunter Hayes and Phillip Phillips, while July will have John Mayer, Ed Sheeran, Fall Out Boy and Train. August boasts The Band Perry, Michael Buble, Luke Bryan and One Direction, with the final show to be handled by Chris Brown.
Fun. performing "We Are Young":
Fun. performing "Some Nights":
Fun. performing "Carry On":
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap