Muse to Give 'World War Z' Post-Premiere Performance
English rock band Muse, whose music is featured in the forthcoming apocalyptic horror film "World War Z", will be performing after the movie's June 2 premiere in London. The rock trio will play in front of the 15,000-capacity Horse Guards Parade Ground in St. James's Park right after the Marc Forster-directed film is shown at the Leicester Square.
Mostly using the band's track "Isolated System" and music from their latest album "The 2nd Law" within the movie, the zombie outbreak-themed film will also feature their music in the trailer, while the soundtrack carries the scoring by Marc Beltrami. "It made the movie feel and sound really cool," said Paramount Pictures' President of Motion Picture Music Randy Spendlove about the band's unique sound.
The collaboration between the filmmakers and Muse went beyond the movie itself and onto the post-premiere show, which will also be filmed by Paramount. Late-night talk show host and comedian Jimmy Kimmel is expected to grace both the star-studded premiere and the Muse concert, reporting the events live from London.
"World War Z" stars Brad Pitt as United Nations investigator Gerry Lane who searches the world for information that can stop the pandemic that is threatening to annihilate the human race. It also stars Mireille Enos as Lane's wife and James Badge Dale as American soldier Captain Speke, who "tries to warn the government that the threat of zombies is real."
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer