Muse to Give 'World War Z' Post-Premiere Performance
English rock band Muse, whose music is featured in the forthcoming apocalyptic horror film "World War Z", will be performing after the movie's June 2 premiere in London. The rock trio will play in front of the 15,000-capacity Horse Guards Parade Ground in St. James's Park right after the Marc Forster-directed film is shown at the Leicester Square.
Mostly using the band's track "Isolated System" and music from their latest album "The 2nd Law" within the movie, the zombie outbreak-themed film will also feature their music in the trailer, while the soundtrack carries the scoring by Marc Beltrami. "It made the movie feel and sound really cool," said Paramount Pictures' President of Motion Picture Music Randy Spendlove about the band's unique sound.
The collaboration between the filmmakers and Muse went beyond the movie itself and onto the post-premiere show, which will also be filmed by Paramount. Late-night talk show host and comedian Jimmy Kimmel is expected to grace both the star-studded premiere and the Muse concert, reporting the events live from London.
"World War Z" stars Brad Pitt as United Nations investigator Gerry Lane who searches the world for information that can stop the pandemic that is threatening to annihilate the human race. It also stars Mireille Enos as Lane's wife and James Badge Dale as American soldier Captain Speke, who "tries to warn the government that the threat of zombies is real."
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'