Katy Perry's Tweet Gets the Ire of Chief Keef
Katy Perry caught herself on the receiving end of an ugly Twitter rampage by rapper Chief Keef after the "Firework" singer commented on his song "Hate Bein' Sober". Upon hearing the tune, the pop superstar went on Twitter on Tuesday to say, "Just heard a new song on the radio called 'I hate being sober' I now have serious doubt for the world."
Turns out the Chicago MC took much offense to Perry's remarks, going on a misogynistic Twitter rant on Thursday. Throwing all manners out of the window, the 17-year-old rap artist tweeted back with a scathing "Ill Smack The Sh*t out her" before somewhat threatening with "New Song Katy Perry Coming Soon."
After getting wind of the angry tweets, Perry lost no time in addressing Keef on Twitter again to clarify her earlier comments on the song. "Mr. Keef! I'm sorry if I offended you. I heard a lot of people guesting on the song & didn't even know it was you in particular," the "California Gurls" singer began to write.
"Actually... I'm a fan of your 'Don't Like' video tbh. I was really just having a general opinion on our generations desire to be constantly intoxicated," Perry explained, clearly expressing that her thoughts were in no way an attack on the rapper. She ended with a non-confrontational, "Believe me, I'm a lover not a hater. X."
More Katy Perry News
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?