Amanda Bynes Arrested for Weed Possession and Taken for Psychiatric Evaluation
After managing to stay out of trouble for a little while following her incessant traffic violations last year, Amanda Bynes is back in hot water. She was recently arrested at her NYC apartment after being busted for smoking marijuana when she got a surprise visit from police.
NBC reported the doorman at Bynes' apartment building on West 47th Street called police for a disorderly person after witnessing she smoked marijuana in the lobby. According to TMZ, the former child actress also did bizarre things like talking to herself.
When officers visited her on the 36th floor, they noted a "heavy" smell of marijuana. She allegedly tried to get rid of her bong by tossing it out of the window, and behaved erratically screaming and kicking when getting arrested. "Don't you know who I am?" she yelled.
Bynes was allegedly taken to Roosevelt Hospital to undergo a psychiatric evaluation before being hauled off to a Midtown police station for booking. She was charged for criminal possession of marijuana, reckless endangerment and tampering with evidence.
The ex-Nickelodeon star is currently placed on three-year probation after pleading no contest to driving on suspended license. She's also ordered to pay $300 in fines for the offense.
Aside from driving on suspended license, Bynes was also involved in two hit-and-run accidents which she had settled. She's additionally still facing a DUI charge stemming from an April 2012 arrest.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'