Alexander Payne's 'Nebraska' and Robert Redford's 'All Is Lost' Get Standing Ovation at Cannes
Alexander Payne and Robert Redford have been honored with standing ovation at Cannes Festival. Payne-directed "Nebraska", which stars Bruce Dern and Will Forte, debuted to rave reviews on Friday, May 23. As for Redford, his speech-free film "All Is Lost" received a warm reception at its premiere on Thursday, May 22.
"Nebraska" centers on a father and a son who go all the way from Montana to Nebraska to claim prize money after misinterpreting a misleading piece of junk mail. Forte, who plays the son, was moved by the positive reactions to his first on-screen performance, which was as strong as Dern's performance as his dad.
Penned and directed by J.C. Chandor, "All Is Lost" is a touching survival film which emphasizes "the value of silence," as said by Redford who portrays a man lost at sea. It took nearly three months in Mexico for Redford and Chandor to shoot the film. "He was relentless in his vision, but also very respectful, and it encouraged me to give it more and more," the 76-year-old actor said of Chandor in a press conference.
Distributed by Paramount Vantage, "Nebraska" is set for a November 22 release in the United States. Meanwhile, Lionsgate will debut "All Is Lost" nationwide on October 25.
66th Cannes Film Festival - Nebraska Premiere :
66th Cannes Film Festival - All Is Lost Premiere :
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower