Janet Jackson Responds to Argument Whether or Not She's a Billionaire
Reports swirling on the web suggest Janet Jackson is a billionaire after Variety calls her a "billion-dollar entertainer." Forbes' Dorothy Pomerantz, however, says that though Janet's works raked in $1 billion during her entire career so far, it didn't automatically put her in the billionaire club.
Janet is estimated to have made $81 million in music and book publishing, $260 million in album sales, $458 million in concert tour, $60 million in sponsorships, $21.5 million in licensing, and $304 million in acting gigs. However, "net worth is based on the value of the cash and assets you have at the moment, not on how much your work has brought in over a lifetime," Dorothy argues.
The sister of late King of Pop Michael Jackson sent her representative to issue a response to the dispute. "What Variety had, to the best of my knowledge, is all correct," her rep told LA Times' Ministry of Gossip. "As to whether she is or isn't a billionaire, that's not information that has been or would be imparted to me."
"She's an exceedingly bright business person in all forms of life, including entertainment," the publicist continued. "There's people whose money goes and people whose money grows, and she's very astute with her finances."
More Janet Jackson News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel