Janet Jackson Responds to Argument Whether or Not She's a Billionaire
Reports swirling on the web suggest Janet Jackson is a billionaire after Variety calls her a "billion-dollar entertainer." Forbes' Dorothy Pomerantz, however, says that though Janet's works raked in $1 billion during her entire career so far, it didn't automatically put her in the billionaire club.
Janet is estimated to have made $81 million in music and book publishing, $260 million in album sales, $458 million in concert tour, $60 million in sponsorships, $21.5 million in licensing, and $304 million in acting gigs. However, "net worth is based on the value of the cash and assets you have at the moment, not on how much your work has brought in over a lifetime," Dorothy argues.
The sister of late King of Pop Michael Jackson sent her representative to issue a response to the dispute. "What Variety had, to the best of my knowledge, is all correct," her rep told LA Times' Ministry of Gossip. "As to whether she is or isn't a billionaire, that's not information that has been or would be imparted to me."
"She's an exceedingly bright business person in all forms of life, including entertainment," the publicist continued. "There's people whose money goes and people whose money grows, and she's very astute with her finances."
More Janet Jackson News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby