'S.W.A.T' Actor Steve Forrest Dies at 87
Actor Steve Forrest, who took the main role on 1970s TV series "S.W.A.T", died peacefully in his Thousand Oaks, California home on Sunday, May 18, at the age of 87. His wife announced the passing on Thursday, May 23. Reuters reported that the cause of death was not given.
Forrest rose into stardom after starring on the action series as Lt. Dan 'Hondo' Harrelson. The show, which was produced by Leonard Goldberg and Aaron Spelling, ran from 1975 to 1976 on ABC with 37 episodes. His character Hondo was the one behind the famous catchphrase, "Let's roll."
Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell's movie "S.W.A.T" which was released in 2003 is an adaptation from the series. Forrest made a cameo appearance in the movie as a van driver.
Forrest was born William Forrest Andrews on September 25, 1925, in Texas as the youngest of thirteen children. He fought with U.S. army at the Battle of the Bulge in World War II. After the war, he attended theater arts program in UCLA. Oscar-winning actor Gregory Peck later saw him in a play in 1950 and helped him score a contract with MGM.
The Texas-born actor played on a 1965 spy thriller series "The Baron", which was one of U.K.'s colored TV programs. He also made appearances in other popular series such as "The Twilight Zone", "The Virginian", "Rawhide", "The Fugitive", "Bonanza", "Gunsmoke", "The Streets of San Francisco", "The Six Million Dollar Man", "L.A. Law" and "Murder, She Wrote".
Forrest is survived by his wife Christine whom he married in 1948. They have three sons, Michael, Forrest, and Stephen.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3