Morgan Freeman Jokes About Falling Asleep During TV Interview: 'I'm a Beta Tester for Google Eyelids
Morgan Freeman has explained why he appeared to fall asleep during a TV interview. "I wasn't actually sleeping," he says, jokingly adding, "I'm a beta tester for Google Eyelids. I was merely updating my Facebook page."
The 75-year-old actor was having an interview about his new movie "Now You See Me" with Fox's Seattle affiliate on Thursday morning, May 23, but he was having a hard time staying awake. He closed his eyes for a long period of time before his head nodded forward while his co-star Michael Caine was enthusiastically explaining about magic tricks, which are the big part of the movie's plot.
Foreman, however, managed to pull himself together by the end of the interview. When co-anchor Bill Wixey asked him a tip to be a good narrator, the Academy Award-nominated actor said, "I think probably just being a good reader. That's all, not much more than that. Having a clear voice [too]."
After the video went viral and became talk of the town, Wixey talked about it on KIRO Radio's "Dori Monson Show", "It was really interesting to look at in retrospect and because I was focused on what Caine was saying I didn't notice any of this."
"I felt bad actually afterwards because I asked Morgan a question towards the end of the interview and woke him from his nap," he said with laugh. "Had I noticed it, it may have just popped into my mind to say, hey Morgan, are you OK over there buddy?"
Freeman was understandably exhausted having to wake up early in the morning after attending the New York premiere of the Mark Ruffalo and Jesse Eisenberg-starring movie the night before. Back in 2012, he admitted, "This business, it's exhausting."
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood